HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been confirmed multiple times that the latest HDS lights use XP-G emitters.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Mountain Man,
I got a HDS EDC HiCri a month ago and saw a white disc inside the tail cap. Then I saw a picture in this thread post 3468. with the same white disc in the tail cap. I am guessing this is something or somewhat of a new mod on HDS Clickies. I used a expired gift card from Starbucks to make my disc for my Executive and Tactical. Big difference.

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Rotary, so the only way to retrofit it would be to send it in for servicing, but there's really no point since I'm not having any problems.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Rotary, so the only way to retrofit it would be to send it in for servicing, but there's really no point since I'm not having any problems.

Yup as they say, "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"! ... On second though, ... I think I should listen to that advise as well! ... :tinfoil:

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened
Just got a plain, no frills holster, from Thor's Hammer to go with my new HDS High CRI Clicky with decorative clip.
Thors_Hammer_zps5477091a.gif

doctordun

Enlightened
That's a good looking holster. How is the retention?

- Tim
The retention is very good. I followed instructions and wrapped the light in cellophane and put it in the holster over night to stretch and form to fit.
I wanted a holster that took a minimum of space on my belt, since I have so much on it already. I always keep a spare battery(in a very small but robust ziplock type bag) in my pocket.

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff 361LMH NW Medium Mode ( Left )
HDS HiCri 120 Medium Mode 42 Lumens ( Right )
IMG_2013111230695.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was checking the HDS website to see if there are any updates, and in particular, if a Rotary clip is available. I noticed that they have a new LED available on the custom page, a 'forensic blue' LED.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was checking the HDS website to see if there are any updates, and in particular, if a Rotary clip is available. I noticed that they have a new LED available on the custom page, a 'forensic blue' LED.

nice catch!

"The LED produces a forensic blue light used to detect body fluid residues. Includes a pair of comfortable orange viewing glasses that blocks the blue light but passes the green, yellow, orange and red light created when the residue fluoresces."

Starik1

Newly Enlightened
tobrien

Was that picture taken before you got the ice cream cone tattoo on your face?

if 2=1 and 1=0, then 2=0

doctordun

Enlightened
Does anyone know how long it takes Henry to assemble, calibrate and program a light, assuming he has all of the parts available?
I was curious on just how many he could turn out in an 8 hour day since he is a one person operation.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if this has been discussed recently. I have four recent lights that have black bezels. One of them the bezel finish is about half way flaked off in random spots, light is rarely carried. The second has some streaking though not as bad as the other. The other two are fine. Don't know if it's something I've been around or are others having this issue?

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
Sorry if this has been discussed recently. I have four recent lights that have black bezels. One of them the bezel finish is about half way flaked off in random spots, light is rarely carried. The second has some streaking though not as bad as the other. The other two are fine. Don't know if it's something I've been around or are others having this issue?

Very disappointing. Doesn't sound like true black chrome electroplating to me (http://www.olymco.com/black-chrome.aspx).

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

Had one light recently which had some light patches in the coating. Would be good to know what the cause is. Past lights definitely did not have this.

eala

Lomandor

Enlightened
Has anyone contacted Henry himself, would be much better to get his take on this.

Had one light recently which had some light patches in the coating. Would be good to know what the cause is. Past lights definitely did not have this.

eala

Status
Not open for further replies.