HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Rotary is the best flashlight interface ever made.
Coupled with the rest of the features, absolutely! (Well, except that it's tied with the Clicky!) They are both so perfect in their own way and much as I love my Rotary, I've found myself once again preferring the Clicky, even though it's only a 140 against my Rotary 250.

Good thing we've got both.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coupled with the rest of the features, absolutely! (Well, except that it's tied with the Clicky!) They are both so perfect in their own way and much as I love my Rotary, I've found myself once again preferring the Clicky, even though it's only a 140 against my Rotary 250.

Good thing we've got both.
Since the Rotary can be operated like a Clicky, I don't see any particular interface advantage of the Clicky over the Rotary. The only advantage the Clicky has is that it is theoretically more durable than the Rotary simply because the mechanism is simpler, and I say "theoretically" because I've only ever heard of the dial failing in one instance, and that was an extreme circumstance (hitting the pavement at highway speeds).

midget

Enlightened
I have a question about the click interface. I have a edc-le model and read that I should be able to access two of the presets from off. can someone define for me how to access these presets?

also, my most ideal setup would be to single click for medium output and press and hold (from off) for maximum output. is that a thing? right now when I press and hold from off it is momentary medium output.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question about the click interface. I have a edc-le model and read that I should be able to access two of the presets from off. can someone define for me how to access these presets?

While not exactly direct access, it can be programmed so that a click followed by a press and hold will deliver preset A. This can be accomplished very quickly. When the button is released, the light will turn off.

midget

Enlightened
While not exactly direct access, it can be programmed so that a click followed by a press and hold will deliver preset A. This can be accomplished very quickly. When the button is released, the light will turn off.

ok I got that. yes that was the discrepancy bc I'd read that these modes were directly accessible from off. and click, click hold isn't the same as direct access.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends. If you have momentary enabled then the light turns off as soon as you release the button. Otherwise, it'll stay on, so you do have direct access to two modes from off.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Since the Rotary can be operated like a Clicky, I don't see any particular interface advantage of the Clicky over the Rotary. The only advantage the Clicky has is that it is theoretically more durable than the Rotary simply because the mechanism is simpler, and I say "theoretically" because I've only ever heard of the dial failing in one instance, and that was an extreme circumstance (hitting the pavement at highway speeds).
Free clip is one advantage. The clip also looks nicer than the universal clip.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have disabled Momentary From Off. I disabled Turn On Preset and also changed it to Preset C. In both instances, a click and a press and hold both activated the same preset, not the active TOP from a click and Preset A,from the press and hold.

As far as I know, the only two commands that can be directly entered from off are click and press and hold.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have disabled Momentary From Off. I disabled Turn On Preset and also changed it to Preset C. In both instances, a click and a press and hold both activated the same preset, not the active TOP from a click and Preset A,from the press and hold.

As far as I know, the only two commands that can be directly entered from off are click and press and hold.
In that case, you simply need to reshuffle your presets so that you can have direct access to two of them.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not changing anything. I like the way it currently operates, and have undone my programming changes. I was just trying to figure out how midget would accomplish his goal, and I wasn't successful.

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
Hogo's HDS programming videos are pretty helpful, and there are other good ones on YT if you don't care for his. Check these out, midget.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Announcement: I am officially sick of waiting. If anyone would like to buy my spot in the 4000K group buy, send me a PM (hope this is appropriate).

nbp

Flashaholic
Gottawearshades -

I think your post in the GB thread is the appropriate place. We typically don't encourage pointers to sales in discussion threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts