HDS Systems EDC #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoCakes

Newly Enlightened
RCS1300;5288770 I would do it but I do not have the 325 lumen "thrower" emitter because I was thinking about purchasing it if it compared favorably (not too far off on color rendering) to those two emitters on a colored (brown said:
real quick and dirty,

xp-g3 5000K

2z7pn6d.jpg

219c 5700K

jzfzep.jpg

The 5700 without question renders colors more accurately, obviously, but the g3 isn't that bad. At night without a comparison I'd even call it enjoyable

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
And how pray tell would you suggest it be measured? We can call Nichia and Cree and suggest your thoughts to them as they measure all light being emitted from the LED as well for binning... they obviously don't know as much as we do, so we really should help them out with this.

It's snowing in the forum.

Well, exactly like this
The exact values of the emitted spectrum in polar coordinates can be obtained using a spectrograph and a goniometer, but this setup costs a lot of money. And it takes quite a lot of time. That is, the lamp is fixed in the clip, there should be a room around, covered with absorbing non-reflective material. The spectrograph is mounted on a goniometer and passes 1 plane in a circle as in the figure with the specified step (for example 1/1000 degrees), and at each stop takes spectrum readings. Further, the vertical plane also deviates by 1/1000 degrees vertically and the process of passage is repeated, and so on and so forth...

You dont need to do it at 1/1000 increments, something like this is obviously possible and relevant (credits to Maukka for example)
flA8lhY.png

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCS1300;5288770 I would do it but I do not have the 325 lumen "thrower" emitter because I was thinking about purchasing it if it compared favorably (not too far off on color rendering) to those two emitters on a colored (brown said:
real quick and dirty,

xp-g3 5000K

219c 5700K

The 5700 without question renders colors more accurately, obviously, but the g3 isn't that bad. At night without a comparison I'd even call it enjoyable

Thank you for that! I have a lot of wood in my house - furniture and floors. So, I gravitate to how they compare on the wood. The 219c 5700K is sweet! At 200 lumens, it is also sunlight in a can outdoors during my 45 minute dog walks. That is why I purchased the 18680 battery compartment also.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interestingly, if we install the universal clip on the rotary on the frame opposite the locking screw and install the second universal clip on the rotating cap, will they beat each other at the meeting?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Here is Cree's number: 919-287-7888
and Nichia: 81-3-3453746

Call them and give them your thoughts.

I'm taking the rest of the day off to go shoot stuff.

Way to go guys. **** the man off that made special runs possible. I bet the color of the LEGO your stepping on now it's as important is it? 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Wow I didn't mean to get anyone upset by asking about tints and emitters. I guess I was just curious about getting advice and help with ordering the standard HDS light and then trying to get the CCT the way I want it myself without bugging Hogo about the emitter I want. The only other reason I started thinking about using filters is that I don't know when or even if I'll ever be able to get my hands on an HDS in the "flavor" I want. I love the light. It's amazing. But I just know that cool white isn't for me, and no matter how good the light is, it will get left behind if I find the light it emits to be unpleasant. Same reason there are no cool white light bulbs in my house.
PS Hogo, we all love having the emitter options. The only reason the people here bug you about emitter choices is that we know what we like, and we want it in an HDS. Those emitters are available in other lights. But those lights aren't HDS lights. It's like getting that sweet corvette engine, but it comes in a Cobalt. We only bug you like this because we love your lights. I know it can be frustrating, but just know that we wouldn't bug you like this if we weren't fixated on the idea of having these nice emitters in an HDS light. Did I mention HDS lights?

Last edited:

toads

Newly Enlightened
Frodo I'm sure all sorts of HDS pop up for sale now and then. I'm pretty sure I'll be selling my 4000k 219c rotary when my ti rotary comes in to offset the cost. I probably won't be the only one. There's a lot of choices out there.

You can always resell the light you have if you don't like it, HDS lights hold their value very well.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you do not know which light to take with you...take three...decide later.

Three light holster/pouch from Thors Custom Leather:

three.jpg

clip.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I managed to separate a reflector/bezel assembly last night. I did not think this was possible without power tools, vice grips, Kevlar gloves, and some paid time off. Guess I did not know my own strength. There are two O-rings inside. One obviously goes at the front of the bezel outside of the glass to keep out the elements. Where precisely does the second one belong? Does it go around the threads? Or is it there to sandwich the lens?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCS, I love that pouch. How is the retention when the flap is open? Is it easy to withdraw one light at a time?

Retention is awesome as the clip holds extremely well. Each light has its own receptacle. Very easy to draw one light at a time. My suggestion is military snaps. Mine are regular snaps because I did not think I would carry it. Live and learn.

In the pouch I have three different high CRI lights - 4000K, 4500K, and 5700K. What to do if I get the 325 neutral white...as I purchased an 18650 battery tube and it is looking for a dedicated head...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I managed to separate a reflector/bezel assembly last night. I did not think this was possible without power tools, vice grips, Kevlar gloves, and some paid time off. Guess I did not know my own strength. There are two O-rings inside. One obviously goes at the front of the bezel outside of the glass to keep out the elements. Where precisely does the second one belong? Does it go around the threads? Or is it there to sandwich the lens?

If you look at the front of the reflector you'll see a groove that the O ring sits in . It sits between the groove and the lens. If that isn't clear I'll send you a drawing.

Here's Henry's drawing, so much better....
https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Details/
P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts