HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

Stoneking

Enlightened
I put another o-ring there, let's me line up the head with the body any way I'd like and it adds another seal from dirt.
Can't do that with the HA Black.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current collection.
Cool picture. Would like to see a few additional pictures with a better view on the display stands. I really like the kind of presentation of your HDS lights. :thumbsup:

The two HDS on the right are 18350.
18350? How did you manage it to make the Rotary 18350 capable? :thinking:

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened
Cool picture. Would like to see a few additional pictures with a better view on the display stands. I really like the kind of presentation of your HDS lights. :thumbsup:

Thank you, if I get a chance I'll shoot a better picture.
I acquired the stands from a small shop on Etsy, they don't appear to be around anymore.

18350? How did you manage it to make the Rotary 18350 capable? :thinking:

I completely disassembled the rotary battery compartment. That left the battery tube bare, no obstructions, including the tail spring. I sent them off the mcbrat to do the machine work. They now look like they came that way, mcbrat did an excellent job.
I don't condone a complete disassembly of the either style tail cap. You can easily damage a number of different areas in the process, especially the rotary. I do not want to be responsible for anyone sending damaged tail caps to Henry because of me.

Re-assembly is just as tricky.

nbp

Flashaholic
Spent my afternoon hiking on the Ice Age Trail. It's an approximately 1,000 mile foothpath through Wisconsin highlighting glacial formations. Fortunately it runs very close to me so there is a lot of great of hiking nearby. Anyways, I thought I'd snap a couple pics of my silvertail HDS on the trail. And a bumblebee just 'cuz I love them.

YsGsUCB.jpg

l90Izhp.jpg

Zl8r5iN.jpg

qQjYYat.jpg

Strintguy

Enlightened
Thanks for that NBP, my brother and I hiked part of the Ice Age Trail years ago. Beautiful trip, cold at night.

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks, and glad to bring back some good memories! Did you backpack it, like a multiday hike?

It would be neat to through-hike it but, realistically it would be a quite a challenge. I have hiked quite a few chunks of it in the three counties closest to me over the years, backpacking with buddies in our late teens, but one of my goals is to knock out the whole segment in my county yet this summer. It's 45 miles of trail, but since I usually park/hike/hike back to parking it's actually doing it all twice, so 90 miles. I'll have to try to snap a few more pics on the trail with HDS as I go.

Strintguy

Enlightened
We did 2 night, 3 days, but the map we had was a little dodgy... first day was a lot farther to the camp site than we expected. Stayed at a shelter up on top of a hill with the highway far off in the distance and stars everywhere.

nbp

Flashaholic
We did 2 night, 3 days, but the map we had was a little dodgy... first day was a lot farther to the camp site than we expected. Stayed at a shelter up on top of a hill with the highway far off in the distance and stars everywhere.

Nice! Yeah, I think to get the best maps you have to buy the printed IAT guidebook. Some of the free ones are not so clear, and don't have the mileage on them. Glad you liked your trip though!

Orange N200 Rotary

OfaqLbn.jpg

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, you gotta take those flashlights out and drop them on the sidewalk a few times. They're too pristine. If an HDS doesn't have at least one ding on it then you're not using it properly.

nbp

Flashaholic
Haha. The orange one has a few little chips in it. The blue one is the sole shelf queen in my whole flashlight collection.

nbp

Flashaholic
is that "high-vis orange" and "blue flame"?

The blue cerakote was called NRA Blue. I don't know if the orange had a special name. HDS just called it orange.

I...I...need this. I got my first Ultratech for Christmas, but I'm afraid the plain black chassis next to my plain black HDS would be lackluster. I like the blue and gray particularly.

Gotta start somewhere! Those make great users! Ultratechs come in every possible configuration so there are probably a few out there you can get to zazz up your combos.

Gotta have an OTF for each of your HDS.

yg1QTHl.jpg

2MAzWCo.jpg