He is the Master

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh!! Trying to be financially responsible by only buying one, but that beam on the TN42vn is so crisp though!! You might be right to just put it up for sale later, OR, it could make one SWEET gift for someone, as I advance to Saab's light!! The thing that I really love with throwers is how the heat is kept to a minimum, the step down is virtually non-existent compared to a flooder. I actually started out preferring flood, but then I became a bigger fan of throw.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Money advantage, TN42vn. Throw advantage, will definitely be Saab.
That's about right. The reflector light I am working on is 1,000,000cd+. The only question I am fighting with right now is how much over 1,000,000 to go. My tendency is to go overboard on the engineering side. But I am attempting to balance that with cost. The more goodies I put in, the more performance, but then the cost also goes up. Also the more complex I make it the further out it hits the market. Hmm...things to ponder.

too similar to get both IMO.
You might be surprised in this area. Haven't made a final decision but one embodiment of this light is unlike any light I know of ever made.

Devildude

Enlightened
I am sure that you will find the best balance between cost and performance to satisfy yourself and the community that believes in your creations.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Money advantage, TN42vn. Throw advantage, will definitely be Saab.

That's about right. The reflector light I am working on is 1,000,000cd+. The only question I am fighting with right now is how much over 1,000,000 to go. My tendency is to go overboard on the engineering side. But I am attempting to balance that with cost. The more goodies I put in, the more performance, but then the cost also goes up. Also the more complex I make it the further out it hits the market. Hmm...things to ponder.

Well let me clarify my take on this, yes I did mention the part of me that is thinking about the budget, but that part of me would go with a NON Saab light. IMO if I decide to say screw the money and go with a Saab light I'd cast my vote for not pulling any punches!! I wouldn't want to play the middle ground, I would decide to go Non-Saab and save, or decide to go Saab and GO OVERBOARD!!

star_c_star

Enlightened
+2 on "Overboard", with perhaps a lower priced option if that doesn't make production too complicated.

Sort of like the Rev-Captor and the Rev-Captor-Enthusiast. Could we hope for 2 million+ candela for the "Overboard" option?

I bought 2 Enthusiasts, which shows how rational I am on this topic.:)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably something with w21 in it.

Wouldn't that confuse the hell out of you if he seriously said "Ok guys the Wimmer21 is now available for pre-order!" Lol

I'll take it:)

I noticed you in the Olight X9 thread OG, if you were allowed to own either Saab's light or the X9 TODAY, but ONLY one which would u choose??

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't that confuse the hell out of you if he seriously said "Ok guys the Wimmer21 is now available for pre-order!" Lol

I noticed you in the Olight X9 thread OG, if you were allowed to own either Saab's light or the X9 TODAY, but ONLY one which would u choose??
I have a rev captor and it's an amazing light. I would have to see both lights beam shots. But to me I need more large hots spots and usable spill for my applications. To own the longest throwing light in the world would be major bragging rights.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, the Rev Captor can still be ordered.

I bought one via the website a couple days ago.
After I get done with this post I will go get your light shipped. Thanks for being patient.

Every week that passes I have more research paths than I started the week with. Fully 23 separate paths ATM. And of course subsets of each as what works on one LED doesn't on another so the amount of variables has grown extremely high. I have now developed a new type of light recycling similar to the Wavien collar but my own solution. It is not as powerful as the collar but far easier to implement. That has been a major area of research. One of the other major areas is in energy redistribution. It occurred to me that current LEDs waste a ton of energy in relation to the human eye response curve. To be clear there will not be a product with all the innovations in it from the get go. They are not all additive. Some interfere with other solutions although some do have synergistic effects with one another. I know some have said throw all the tech in there regardless of cost but it really would be astronomical in cost to do so ATM. Cost of both money but also time. Baby steps. So my goal is to have a "simple" but meaningful boost in performance. Then as I finalize development of the various methods I will add it in. Read-normal way the world moves forward. What I need is someone to sponsor me to do the research side full time. Building lights is a waste of my time in some senses. As in I should be designing not building. This has become evident to me the past few months.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have now developed a new type of light recycling similar to the Wavien collar but my own solution. It is not as powerful as the collar but far easier to implement.

Man what is their secret!?? So you've tried your best to reverse engineer it but still can't match it's power? That's how I'm understanding you, unless you're saying that you CAN match the power of the Wavien collar but it is much too difficult to implement for it to be worth it? Seriously, when are we all gonna get together for an 'Occupy Wavien' protest lol

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man what is their secret!?? So you've tried your best to reverse engineer it but still can't match it's power? That's how I'm understanding you, unless you're saying that you CAN match the power of the Wavien collar but it is much too difficult to implement for it to be worth it? Seriously, when are we all gonna get together for an 'Occupy Wavien' protest lol
Oh there is no secret. The method Wavien used is extremely simple. There are many ways to skin this cat it is just that Wavien's way was the most optically efficient.