Headlamp for night boating/fishing.

S

sierra 18

Newly Enlightened
I posted this in the headlamp section, but may get more results in this forum, as I'm asking for suggestions on a light.

I'm looking to find a headlamp for night fishing, and here are my criteria:

1. I'm running a 14 foot aluminum boat, and need sufficient throw to be able to navigate at slow (10 knots) speeds for trolling, launching and docking. Having a decent beam to see water hazards such as floating logs, etc is key. I'll be in known waters, and not operating a wide open throttle (30 knots for me) so decent throw is essential.

2. Ability to cycle through power levels so I can cycle from full power for navigation to much lower power for tying knots, looking for things on the boat is required.

3. I prefer replaceable batteries as opposed to a built-in rechargeable since I don't have the means to recharge on the boat and would bring spare batteries with me as needed.

4. Waterproof to 1 meter should be enough.

5. Price ceiling now I would say after looking around would be $400.00

I've looked at Silva, Petzl, Zebra, Surefire and others. I'm still uncertain, and would be very grateful for your suggestions.

Best,

Chris

R

royi kien

Newly Enlightened
spark ST6 maybe a good choice

S

sierra 18

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at the Spark ST-6; would that have sufficient throw in your opinion to adequately light up my field of view for slow navigation on water? I like the idea of a simple turn-knob on the side to go up and down quickly in intensity.