Heavy Use and Abuse of a Jetbeam C-LE - Results

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been scraping sheetrock mud, texture and paint off my basement floor the past couple days in prep for some tile and I have been using the Jetbeam C-LE to shine it across the floor from a very low angle to find the bumps, high spots and other junk that needed to be scraped up. So it has been running almost non-stop - mostly on medium and sometime high for many hours at a time. And it has been dropped onto hard concrete from a couple feet up several times. I've been running NiMH batteries in it and as soon as one starts to drop out I pop in another. All this and it's still working flawlessly. Ran cool and other than picking up two very very tiny nicks on the outside front bezel from a drop it still looks great too. I decided with the price of it that it was going to be a serious user. I probably should have put a lanyard on it like most of my lights have but I've been enjoying it without and for the price I guess it feels like a carefree sort of light. Being light weight it withstands a drop better too than a heavier light would. Any more show up near my original price (from the group buy) and I may have to get another. I think it would be great to see one like this in a CR123 format.

Monolith

Enlightened
MARNAV1 said:
Will the Fenix body ruin the head, ie too much voltage?
I'm running a 14500 Lithium (4.2volts) in mine. If you have the secret mode, it appears to be safe (circuit used from another Jetbeam light). I would say 3.0 volt primary would be fine for extended work periods.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monolith said:
The Fenix P1 body fits the head....
Yes - I think I was the first one to point that out on the groupbuy thread as people were starting to get their lights. It seems nearly everyone from CEJ's GB had the secret mode and most have assumed it will handle a standard CR123 at 3.0 volts. While it fits the P1 body in the threads the P1 head is about .004" smaller where the Jetbeam head goes in and is somewhat tight fitting. I'm looking for a smaller O-ring or to slightly bore/sand out the Fenix body but so far I'm liking this little light just like it is.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Could you remind us of how to know whether or not we have the "secret mode"? I remember coming across it, but just can't locate the info using the search feature?

Thanks.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
go to sos mode, turn off. wait more than 2 secs, turn back on. it will dim down and then blink dimly ever so often.

be ware of high mode with li-ion as it pulls 1.4amp from the cell!!!!!