Hello? FourSevens Are You Out There?

Can anyone tell if there is a stepdown from their new max mode (old turbo mode) on their new downgraded flashlights?

Yes, here's the information from the FourSevens website on the QK2L-X Burst Mode.

• 780 lumens for 1 minute then 390 lumens for 1.9 hrs.

Btw, Max, Turbo and Burst are separate modes. Only the Turbo models had turbo. So, the new max isn't the old turbo. I do have a Turbo with Burst though.

~ Chance

Last edited:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
It may be just me, but...

• Moonlight: 0.3 lumens, 15 days
  • Low: 3 lumens, 3 days
  • Medium: 28 lumens, 20 hrs
  • [...wasn't there a HIGH mode included when we first started talking about this?]
  • Maximum: 336 lumens, 0.8 hrs
  • Strobe: 336 lumens, 1.6 hrs
  • SOS: 336 lumens, 3 hrs
  • Beacon: 0-336 lumens pulse, 8 hr
? For some reason I had it in my mind that there were 8 modes originally... perhaps that was just my ADD acting up? [EDIT: or perhaps just wishful thinking on my part.]

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, another bummer. Was thinking it would not be *too* bad to have a Click with ML-L-M-H-Max with memory, but not having the option of the longer, cooler running high that is nearly as visually bright as max really stinks. Again, I cannot see how this helps avoid any legal issues, and with the custom programming, why not offer it?

ronniepudding

Enlightened
You're correct. My Quark PRO QP2L-X has eight modes.

... as does my QT2A-X. But what I was getting at was I thought there were 8 modes on the table when we started talking about the new Quark Click, including [High]. And between then and now, [High] mode has disappeared from the options list. I'm wondering whether it was actually there in the first place, or just a mirage.
:thinking:

Wow, another bummer. Was thinking it would not be *too* bad to have a Click with ML-L-M-H-Max with memory, but not having the option of the longer, cooler running high that is nearly as visually bright as max really stinks. ... with the custom programming, why not offer it?

I am with you, Hondo -- I was envisioning the same configuration, and it was starting to sound good the more I thought about it.

Last edited:
... as does my QT2A-X. But what I was getting at was I thought there were 8 modes on the table when we started talking about the new Quark Click, including [High]. And between then and now, [High] mode has disappeared from the options list. I'm wondering whether it was actually there in the first place, or just a mirage.
:thinking:

I don't remember reading anything about more than four............

~ Chance

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not crazy ronnie, I saw it too, it just disappeared in the last day.

Chauncy, there are seven now (this counts the blinky modes)

Phlogiston

Enlightened
There were eight modes listed in the table last week, I saw that as well.

In fact, if you look a bit higher on the QK2A-X page, you'll actually see a bit that reads as follows:

... "If you don't see what you are looking for, then select the 'Custom' programming and tell us what you need. You can choose from any of the Quark's 8 output modes and in any order you like." ...

But then you get to the mode table, and sure enough, only seven modes.

I wonder if someone's accidentally missed out High mode whilst cutting and pasting bits of the FourSevens website in preparation for the Quark relaunch?

Ah-ha! I was reading the drop-down box.

I just read this; .......then select the 'Custom' programming and tell us what you need. You can choose from any of the Quark's 8 output modes and in any order you like.

~ Chance

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of mode outputs and programming from the factory, I was really hoping that this was going to be something more than I already have. Why would I purchade a light that I cannot program myself when I already own such a light that I can program - with a 10 year warranty no less??

Less as never equals more.

Painstakingly, I await something new...

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it and ordered one - I see it as a nice complement to my existing inventory of Quarks (which is substantial). I'm not crazy about the tactical versions since I typically to use either 3 or 4 modes, and of course the cycling through the pro's blinkies, or waiting for the reset, grows tiresome. This solution really splits the difference between the two for me.

I will dearly miss my momentary max from ON work-around, however.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
To the extent that everything can be controlled from the tail switch, this does have the possibility to be advantageous. With the older Quarks, changing modes required flipping the light around in your hand and rotating the bezel one handed, or using two hands. Controlling everything from the tail switch can really simplify things with the right mode switching criteria.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
To the extent that everything can be controlled from the tail switch, this does have the possibility to be advantageous. With the older Quarks, changing modes required flipping the light around in your hand and rotating the bezel one handed, or using two hands. Controlling everything from the tail switch can really simplify things with the right mode switching criteria.

The Quark Pro had the perfect UI for this. This is the UI I like the most and its so simple, easy and practical.
Untwisted: Always start moonlight mode, slight presses to ramp upto high mode in low, med, high sequence.
Twiested: Always start on max, slight presses to access strobes, sos, beacon etc