Helmet Light for Firefighter

BBFD200

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!

I am a Firefighter / EMT and I am looking to purchase a small, but still very bright light to put on my helmet, in a pretty small space. I'm looking for recommendations for any small (the smaller the better) light that can still put out a significant amount of light to be used in fairly dark environments, but can still hold up to the outside elements.

I appreciate your suggestions!

Thanks!

Tyler

MBentz

Enlightened
I had an older G2X Fire Rescue with the SureFire mount on my helmet while I was firefighter in the Army. It worked just fine.

Of course, if you're going into a real ripper, you won't need a light. :thumbsup:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A health and safety store that deals in specific hazards would be my first port of call.Many hobby lights will not be suitable for your profession and only recommendations from members experienced in your job should be listened to.

In the UK we have these type of stores as do Germany so i am pretty sure they exist in many parts of the world.

Worth checking with your HR dept about insurance on yourself if adding a third party piece of equipment.

MBentz

Enlightened
I guess I should add that the SureFire Fire Rescue light was bought and issued by the Army, not myself. It is an accountable piece of equipment to go along with the rest of your bunker gear.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone!

I am a Firefighter / EMT and I am looking to purchase a small, but still very bright light to put on my helmet, in a pretty small space. I'm looking for recommendations for any small (the smaller the better) light that can still put out a significant amount of light to be used in fairly dark environments, but can still hold up to the outside elements.

I appreciate your suggestions!

Thanks!

Tyler

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

glock35er

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at the streamlight polytac and the blackjack mount....Ive used mine for about a year about a half and love it.