Help a newbie with an E2

Coop57

Enlightened
Is it possible to remove the clip from an E2?
The nut holding it on has no hex hole. On the inside I can't get to the threaded end of the nut. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks,
Coop

Frank C.

Newly Enlightened
I thought the more recent revisions of the E1 and E2 (non-elite versions) had clips that were riveted on...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It is NOT removable
frown.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire were finding that the screwed versions were being de-threaded too easily, too often, so they changed to a rivet that has no hole in the top.

Al

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
I've got the perfect solution for you. I have a real nice Ray-0-vac 2AA that doesn't have a clip. We can trade even, as long as you put fresh batteries in the E2.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The solution is to call Surefire and get an E2e bezel, then use it as a replacement for your E2 bezel since it has no clip. Plus the added bonus of pyrex lens, hex-head & increased waterproofness.

Coop57

Enlightened
The bezel on the E2E has no clip on it, The clip recess is machined into the flashlight body much as it is on the M2,C2,D2.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

do you buy the E2e bezel? or do they just send it to you for free?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
a non-removable belt clip? That sucks bigtime. Even though i hardly ever remove my belt clip on my E2, it does sometime get bent out of shape because i may have pulled it out of my pocket incorrectly. I don't know how you'd fix that problem if you can't remove the clip and reshape it.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen three different types of clip attachments on the E series: Allen head, Torz and a rivet...The rivet, IMO, wasn't a good idea. The threads were very coarse, how many problems could have arised from them?

*rant off*
wink.gif

--dan

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
Coop57,
I'll send you the Ray-O-Vac as soon as your E2 arrives. Can't do without it, you know!
Seriously, I wonder how Surefire customer service would respond if you simply let them know you were unhappy with the belt clip you couldn't remove. It would be interesting to see how they would address the issue. You might be pleased with their response.