Help! Broke my light and need advice.

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
Because of my own stupidity I ruined the tailcap on a Prometheus Lights preon p1 mkIII. I see people posting about LEGO builds with lights. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do or build with the head and/or body from this light. Are any other bodies compatible with the threads on these lights?

FYI I've already reached out to the manufacturer and they have been fantastic but don't have any spare tailcaps.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sucks really as the Preon legacy was largely built on the notion of legoing the readily available parts together to make the light that you wanted.
I am shocked that they do not have parts but I guess not too surprised either.

What exactly did you do to it?
Also if you can get it to turn on and leave it on then you can just operate it as a Twisty too.

Because of my own stupidity I ruined the tailcap on a Prometheus Lights preon p1 mkIII. I see people posting about LEGO builds with lights. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do or build with the head and/or body from this light. Are any other bodies compatible with the threads on these lights?

FYI I've already reached out to the manufacturer and they have been fantastic but don't have any spare tailcaps.

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
This sucks really as the Preon legacy was largely built on the notion of legoing the readily available parts together to make the light that you wanted.
I am shocked that they do not have parts but I guess not too surprised either.

What exactly did you do to it?
Also if you can get it to turn on and leave it on then you can just operate it as a Twisty too.

I ruined the threads on in trying to put the pocket clip on. There's no way to repair or make it work sadly.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ruined the threads on in trying to put the pocket clip on. There's no way to repair or make it work sadly.

I wonder if it turns on and the switch works if you hold the light together tightly and if the stripped threads are the only issue?

If so and it is useless to you now anyway why not try to glue the switch section onto the tube so that the light can still work and just load batteries from the front?

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if it turns on and the switch works if you hold the light together tightly and if the stripped threads are the only issue?

If so and it is useless to you now anyway why not try to glue the switch section onto the tube so that the light can still work and just load batteries from the front?
This gave me an idea and I was able to get the tailcap on and it works again. Thanks a lot!