Help finding 3AA to 1D adapters

fishx65

Enlightened
I've got three but need a couple more. The ones I have are white plastic canisters with a press and turn lid. The AA batteries slide inside and are completely enclosed in the adapter. They look just like a D battery. The ones I have are wired in series. Anyone know were I could find some more????

Thanks, FishX

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you get the three that you have now? I've only seen them at one place and it was a bit steep there (something like $10 each.)

While they aren't like the ones that you have, you might want to look at item 16 on Litemania's offerings.

fishx65 said:
I've got three but need a couple more. The ones I have are white plastic canisters with a press and turn lid. The AA batteries slide inside and are completely enclosed in the adapter. They look just like a D battery. The ones I have are wired in series. Anyone know were I could find some more????

Thanks, FishX

fishx65

Enlightened
A fellow CPFer sold me the three that I have. Might have to use the Litemania ones if no one else responds to this thread. I take it that you have seen the ones from Litemania. How do they differ from the ones I have now? Thanks for the link Brighteyez.

FishX

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I turned a friend of mine onto them and he's ordered probably about 15-20 of them, and I've gotten 6 from him to use in some Mag 2Ds with 5 and 6 cell Xenons. I don't know what they were originally made for, my guess is probably a battery carrier for some sort of 3AA light. I don't think they were made with the intention of being a 3 cell series replacement for a D cell form factor. But they work. If you're using a Mag, you'll need to remove the switch and stretch the positive terminal spring a bit so that it reaches the postive pole on the adapter. In appearance, I guess they look like one of the 3AAA cell battery carriers, except this one holds 3AAs in series.

fishx65 said:
A fellow CPFer sold me the three that I have. Might have to use the Litemania ones if no one else responds to this thread. I take it that you have seen the ones from Litemania. How do they differ from the ones I have now? Thanks for the link Brighteyez.

FishX

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
Does Electrolumes still have them?

I have a couple I still use, the old style and the new white ones.

fishx65

Enlightened
I sent Elektro a PM a couple days ago and never heard back so I would guess that he does not have anymore. My search continues!

Nebula

Enlightened
Litho - I sent you an e-mail re: these holders. If you have extras after you address fishx65's needs I would like to purchase several. Thanks. Kirk

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
There was a thread in the last month that had a couple of links for 3xAA and 4xAA to D size battery holders.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
So who still needs a couple? I've got 5 (and if anyone else is interested - I don't have anymore)- a couple look like they were heated up a bit, appear to work, but may need just a little loving care! I'll send all 5 to one location for a couple bucks postage.

fishx65 asked first, Nebula asked next...you guys work it out. PM me...

Last edited: