Help Finding Nighttime Color Correct Reading Light

unwit

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I suffer from Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder, a form of Insomnia. Basically, my body doesn't like to go to sleep when other people's bodies do.
Some of the things I do to help this are to limit electronics use at night. But when I do use electronics, I adjust the color settings. (I have f.lux on my laptop and twilight on my android phone). These programs adjust the screen color towards the red spectrum as the sun sets... down towards 3400K.

Anyways, the best thing for me at night is to read for an hour before bed. I just can't find a good light! They are all too "blue".

I'd like to find a reading lamp that has a nice warm/red color temperature. Preferably NOT a headlamp, but rather a nightstand lamp or a clip on to my bed's headboard. Battery or plug in is fine, either way.

Any recommendations??

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Use some sort of arm/clamp mechanism to hold a regular flashlight so you can expand your options; I'd try L3's L10 with the Nichia 219 emitter, a gorgeous neutral tint emitter paired with a proper nighttime reading moonlight mode is ideal for books in bed, ~$25.

When reading in bed, I usually just set the light in the crook of my neck and shoulder, with its base resting on the pillow so that it points at the correct angle. It takes a little finagling, but works fine once you get it positioned.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
maglite solitaire incandescent, no blue at all. It's also quite dim too which is is apparently good for dim light melatonin onset.

radiopej

Enlightened
Buy a Custom-Lites High CRI light from Nailbender for $35, add it to a cheap Solarforce host. Then you can either use a bike clip or just buy the Solarforce lantern stand. The XM-L2 and XP-G2 dropins are 3000K. Use them with 18650s and you can just recharge.