Help for Xtar VC8

Stefano

Enlightened
Hello to all.
I bought an Xtar VC8 to charge Fenix brand protected 21700 batteries, it proved to be suitable.
I am also using it for 18650, it has various cool features and I really liked it but I noticed some weird things.
Xtar customer service is unresponsive (years ago they responded quickly) and some addresses seem to no longer exist, so I ask for help here.
This charger wants a QC 3.0 adapter that I don't have yet (it's on the road) so I can't get all the declared performances (I have to use less slots)
But one thing I can't understand is why with Keeppower and Eagletac protected batteries it doesn't charge above 500mA of speed.
With unprotected batteries I can go to 1A x 2 batteries or 2A for a battery.
I have this speed limit only with protected batteries, I have tried various KP 2600/2900/3400 mA with various charge levels and various ages.
Same problem with some very old Eagletac 2500 mA batteries, maximum charge rate only 500 mA (even if only one battery is inserted)
I was resigned to thinking that maybe my USB adapter is not valid for some reason with protected batteries (I use Anker 5 ports 2.4A - 40W and also tried also with EasyAcc 2,4 A) but the surprise was when I opened one of my Fenix lanterns and took the Fenix 2600 mA battery.
With the (protected) Fenix battery the VC8 charges the battery smoothly at 1A.
Anyone have any thoughts with this ???
I would like to understand if my charger has any production problems or if there is a bug.
Thanks and sorry for the bad translation, I hope it is understandable.

Stefano

Enlightened
its the adaptive charging detecting higher i.r.
protected cells have higher internal resistance.
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
But why can I charge at 1A with the Fenix *protected* batteries (2600 mA) sold with the CL26 lantern?
The only thing that comes to mind is that these lantern batteries have had several charge/discharge cycles and are used regularly.
The KP batteries I have the problem with are 90% new and/or little used batteries (almost all slept in the box at a voltage of 3.65/3.80 V)
Can the "activity" of a battery affect the IR?

Stefano

Enlightened
Thanks for your answers (certainly reliable given the outcome)
I write the evolution of the situation, the QC 3.0 charger has arrived, with it I can see the performance promised by the manufacturer (0.5 A x 8 - 1 A x 4)
Regarding the ET and KP protected batteries with them everything is as before, the charging rate of these protected batteries remains only 500 mA.
Those same batteries when plugged into a Xtar X2 or X4 or VC4 charge smoothly at 1A.
So the Xtar VC8 seems too sensitive to protected batteries with a high internal resistance.
It is great for charging protected Fenix 21700 batteries (I bought it for this) also great for any type of unprotected battery and as a battery analyzer, but with some brands of protected 18650 batteries I had the problems described in the first post.