Help with HDS sent in for service

Lungbarrow

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully this gets the eyes of Hogo…

Some time ago I contacted Henry via the hds website email to see if you all could try and get the retaining bezel off an old hds ultimate—my son broke the glass window and I tried to remove the bezel but couldn’t.

Henry thought maybe the ring may be damaged, but said to send it in and he’d take a look. I sent the light and replacement window back in march.

I haven’t heard anything sense, including after a couple of e-mail follow ups.

Email and spam auto-filters can be wonky, and I don’t expect an old ultimate would be a priority. I’m just curious if you have any updates on it—even if the update is “sorry, it’s dead!”

Thanks!

—Michael

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I'll talk with Henry about it on Monday if I make it back from my 2000 mile 2 day road trip intact.
2000 miles in two days; brutal. Hopefully not solo.

Definition of intact

of a living body or its parts : having no relevant component removed or destroyed:
a: physically virginal
b: not castrated

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did discuss the gawdawful (technical term) timeline currently on repairs. He is going to make a concerted effort to start getting them out in a more timely manner. It should help that we are just about caught up on the back orders and the 18350/18500 tubes will ship this month so he can focus more of his time on it to catch up.
i did offer my WD40 and duct tape expertise, but I don't think that is what folks are wanting.

Lungbarrow

Newly Enlightened
I did discuss the gawdawful (technical term) timeline currently on repairs. He is going to make a concerted effort to start getting them out in a more timely manner. It should help that we are just about caught up on the back orders and the 18350/18500 tubes will ship this month so he can focus more of his time on it to catch up.
i did offer my WD40 and duct tape expertise, but I don't think that is what folks are wanting.
It occurred to me I liked this post but failed to reply:

Thank you for checking in and updating me, Hogo! Even the “yep, we’re getting to it” is enough to tide me over. 😂