High-CRI LEDs for shallow cans

zetafunction

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for LED retrofits or bulbs for the can lights in one of my rooms. Unlike the rest of the house, that room has shallow housings (just short of 6" deep).

Recently, I found two Green Creative products that might work: a 92 CRI BR30 bulb and a 92 CRI 6" retrofit. The BR30 bulb is out of stock where I can find it. The retrofit seems like it might work--the info I've found states the retrofit is 3.98" deep. However, Green Creative's spec sheet says that the housing should have a minimum depth of 6.5". I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing here--is having a 2.5" air pocket above the retrofit important for cooling?

If anyone has experience with either of these products, or other recommendations for high CRI shallow can LEDs, I'd love to hear them.

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
I've been looking for LED retrofits or bulbs for the can lights in one of my rooms. Unlike the rest of the house, that room has shallow housings (just short of 6" deep).

Recently, I found two Green Creative products that might work: a 92 CRI BR30 bulb and a 92 CRI 6" retrofit. The BR30 bulb is out of stock where I can find it. The retrofit seems like it might work--the info I've found states the retrofit is 3.98" deep. However, Green Creative's spec sheet says that the housing should have a minimum depth of 6.5". I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing here--is having a 2.5" air pocket above the retrofit important for cooling?

If anyone has experience with either of these products, or other recommendations for high CRI shallow can LEDs, I'd love to hear them.

I personally have experience with Green Creative products. I've found that their screw-in LED PAR lamps are quite good, but the last time I specked and installed the retro-kit, we ended up having a lot of failures with in two weeks of the install. GC may have fixed the problem by now. Good luck with your search.

TPA

Enlightened
You might want to look at using a PAR20 bulb instead. It'll be a bit smaller in diameter, but will definitely fit depth-wise.

Latest posts