High End Ice Chests (Coolers)

DaveG

Enlightened
Yeti coolers ?

Thinking of getting a 85qt,any one have one? How do you like it?

DaveG

Enlightened
I started a thread in beyond flashlights,then spotted this one.I am looking at a 85qt Yeti,any feed back is welcome.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I still LOVE my Yetis! They are a lil heavy, and the Coleman ultimate extremes seem to keep ice longer IMO, but not much longer. Yetis are definitely a conversation piece, everywhere I take them, I get compliments.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

DaveG

Enlightened
Thanks for the feed back,think I am going to bite and get one.The one I looked at was like the old brick s-house build wise. Looks like it can take any thing I could dish out.

DaveG

Enlightened
Picked up a white 85 at Costco yesterday.Going through the check out I had it standing on end in the cart,the girl checking my order asked what is this?

BriteIdea

Newly Enlightened
Wow bear proof? I guess you could hide inside if bear was after you, as long as you could fit AND left the drain hole open so you could breathe.
How is it on keeping ice frozen, have you tested it yet?

I would think the drain holes would be: if the bear got the cooler and you were inside, you'd pee yourself and a place to drain. :D

Seriously, I saw those at Bass Pro Shop. They look well built, I was thinking of getting one for camping and faimly outings. I know one of my in-laws that would fit in there. Again, I'm kidding :D ...... ???

DaveG

Enlightened
I would think the drain holes would be: if the bear got the cooler and you were inside, you'd pee yourself and a place to drain. :D

Seriously, I saw those at Bass Pro Shop. They look well built, I was thinking of getting one for camping and faimly outings. I know one of my in-laws that would fit in there. Again, I'm kidding :D ...... ???
If I run into a bear that wants to eat my cooler,pee my self will be the least of my troubles.It will be time for new shorts for sure,as long as I come to after passing out.And dont end up as the main course for lunch. This cooler should last my life time,built more like a safe.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Received the 105 qt...very nice cooler!!!

Went ahead an just ordered the 25 qt Roadie.

Thanks again Brandon for getting me into Yeti ;)

You'll love the 25Qt Roadie. When I go fishing, I have two of those blue ice things, I just put those in, along with my chilled food, it stays cold all day.

Had 18 family members over yesterday for easter, had both Yetis rockin on the back porch. Got tons of compliments. ;)

Enjoy! And yes, I am jealous of the 105Qt! :D

Oh, and your collection isnt complete until you get the net back Yeti hat!! :cool:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my Whaler to my son which meant a road trip to Miami and had so much fun in Biscanyne Bay that I came back to Ohio and bought a new Edgewater with Yahmaha 4 stroke. I stumbled on this thread by accident because I was going to list a McGizmo 27LT that you used to own that was modded by DatiLed and I was searching for information on the mod. Damn...now I have to sell the light just to pay for a new cooler! Thanks for the tip....new Yeti is definitely in my future!