High End Petzl Headlamps that are Made in France?

letschat7

Suspended
I'd like to get a high end headlamp from Petzl that is made in France. Anyone have any idea which models to look at? Further making this difficult it seems they make some in Maylasia and others in France of the same model even.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
brightguy.com has the place that its made listed under specs. I bought the actik core model last year. Its feels light when wearing it, thats for sure.

IMG_6334.jpeg

delmar

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Actik Core.
Bought the 600 lumen version last year, very comfortable to use
and heat on the highest setting is a non issue.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Anyone know if Petzl makes a hard-shell case for the Actik Core?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if Petzl makes a hard-shell case for the Actik Core?
Have you seen these Petzl Pouches? The 'L' indicates Large size. They make a smaller version. Imo, you wouldn't want it any smaller than this one.
Has belt loop and grommet on backside. I've never carried on belt, keep one stashed in auto for emergencies
IMG_20240614_103353913_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240614_103336979_HDR.jpg

Mono, I'm not seeing the 'L' size on Amazon to link.. Maybe give REI a try they give best prices.
If no luck finding, drop pm this one is spare you're welcome to it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey, that's very generous of you. Thank you. Did a search for "Petzl" on REI's website. 114 results, literally zero hardshell cases. I checked eBay. Found one selling at a really good price. Made sure it was the proper size before ordering. But thanks again for the offer. It's great to see that members are still generous and willing to help each other out.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Hey Monocrom, do you have an actik core? Any thoughts on it?

Ive had 2 of them for a little over a year, and they've been great! When i first got them i thought they felt a little cheap, but they've been durable! Tint is pretty good too, no greens or purples.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey Monocrom, do you have an actik core? Any thoughts on it?
VERY underrated light. Though I haven't used mine too often. Some might balk at the price, but it's a Petzl; and not some cheaply made piece of junk from China. Tint on mine is quite good. Again, not for everyone due to the price. But once that hurdle is overcome, it's just a great headlamp.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shortly after introduction, I ordered a MYOP headlamp. After using alkaline a long time, I ginked it up with NiMh batteries. It was slightly out of warranty but Petzl came through. I shipped it, they returned it with proper circuitry to handle nickel metal. Still functioning today though haven't used it regularly except backup for work tasks at home. It really does have a very acceptable color temperature and cast.