Higher visibility lights for scooter

shortstack

Enlightened
what you need is HID headlights, you should be able to get them off ebay for under $70 people will for sure see you

Bill Tarling

Newly Enlightened
They should see you now.:twothumbs:twothumbs

*lol* They definitely do :thumbsup:

I figure with the White on Front, and Red at the back sides; drivers will always be able to tell which direction I'm actually riding (from any angle).

I was surprised how much it helped make me more visible even during daytime riding, and now always ride with them on (as my running lights). It blew me away when I actually got to ride with them at night (I'm visible from at least 4-5 blocks away). First time I actually got to see how easily I'm seen now was when one of the guys at work test rode the bike down the street after putting on the lights -- until then, I never really realized how far away I could be seen now (when riding the bike, I never knew how it actually looked from far away).

Good part is that the lights are non-directional (not beams of light spotlighting). I've passed a lot of cops, and they don't seem to mind... Though I did have one pull up beside me at a stoplight, and give me a cold stare. He pointed at me, then at the lights... then he smiled a big grin and gave me a big Thumbs Up. He rolled down his window and said "I can see you", chuckled, and drove off.

I realized why he seemed glad about that -- I've come up on a lot of bikes, and couldn't see them in the dark until I was about 5 or 6 feet away in the dark [lot of the roads are pitch black here without any lighting]. A lot of motorcycles, scooters, ebikes, and bicyclists are blindsided and hit at the intersections around our town.

Funniest part (that I still can't get use to) is motorists waving at me as I go by. I haven't got a clue who they are, but I guess they've seen me riding around a lot. The lights do make the bike very hard to miss now *lol*

Last edited: