Highest Capacity 26650 Cells?

G

Global S

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently using one of these as my main caving lamp. It's a fantastic bit of kit, but my niggle is that although it takes 4x18650 they have to be wrapped with their own connector.

wp3b9962f9_05_06.jpg

http://www.pulsarlights.eu/page25.html

I just contacted him regarding getting a car charger and he tells me that he is bringing out a new battery box that takes loose cells. Sadly it's going to be twin 26650 cells, rather then 4 18650s which will give a reduction in battery life (although will be easier to swap when underground)

Who makes the highest capacity 26650 cells to power this?

CelticCross74

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
keeppower 5200mah 26650 at illumn.com

sidecross

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
keeppower 5200mah 26650 at illumn.com
+1

If you live in the U.S. illumn,com is a supplier for Keeppower and is where I buy this battery. It is only $1.50 more than GearBest.

S

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can fit something a little bigger than a 26650, you can go with a King Kong 26700. It's only rated at 5000mAH. But it's REAL capacity is around 5400-5500mAH - somewhat above the Keeppower 5200. Also, it holds its voltage better than the Keeppower.

CelticCross74

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont trust GearBest any further than I could throw them. King Kongs are out standing cells. Doubt the 26700 will fit OP's light. The 5200mah Keeppower cell is a flat top IMR. Little to no voltage sag and the capacity rating is accurate. 15amps to 30amp max. It is about as good as a high capacity 26650 can be. Nkon europe is a European Keeppower retailer if you are in Europe. I avoid GearBest, Fasttech, alibaba and Banggood like the plague. To high of a chance you will get ripped off or receive damaged product. Fasttech for example is a twisted mix of counterfeit and legit cells. Alibaba sells tons of counterfeits. GearBest and Banggood is a 50/50 chance of getting ripped off or actually receiving what you paid for in undamaged condition. Currently working with another CPFer in Serbia that just got ripped off on a Fasttech order.

G

Global S

Newly Enlightened
I dont trust GearBest any further than I could throw them. King Kongs are out standing cells. Doubt the 26700 will fit OP's light. The 5200mah Keeppower cell is a flat top IMR. Little to no voltage sag and the capacity rating is accurate. 15amps to 30amp max. It is about as good as a high capacity 26650 can be. Nkon europe is a European Keeppower retailer if you are in Europe. I avoid GearBest, Fasttech, alibaba and Banggood like the plague. To high of a chance you will get ripped off or receive damaged product. Fasttech for example is a twisted mix of counterfeit and legit cells. Alibaba sells tons of counterfeits. GearBest and Banggood is a 50/50 chance of getting ripped off or actually receiving what you paid for in undamaged condition. Currently working with another CPFer in Serbia that just got ripped off on a Fasttech order.

To be fair to Fasttech all the stuff is normally clearly marked if it's genuine or not. I've had Samsung 25R and 30Qs from GB with no issues.

I've also had some sketchy clones of vaping kit, but it's not be marked as original.

G

Global S

Newly Enlightened
If you can fit something a little bigger than a 26650, you can go with a King Kong 26700. It's only rated at 5000mAH. But it's REAL capacity is around 5400-5500mAH - somewhat above the Keeppower 5200. Also, it holds its voltage better than the Keeppower.

I'll be curious to see when I get the new battery box. I guess if there is some rattle I can get a 26700 in there.

G

Global S

Newly Enlightened
+1

If you live in the U.S. illumn,com is a supplier for Keeppower and is where I buy this battery. It is only $1.50 more than GearBest.

I live in the UK, so if there are any posters over this way who can suggests links, it would be much appreciated.

S

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
NKON in Netherlands also have Keeppower 5200mAh cells.

CelticCross74

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting. The Fasttech site must be different depending on what part of the world you are in. I have looked over the cell selection on the Fasttech site and have never seen any cell marked genuine or not. I know they are the prime seller for Convoy? Somebody correct me if I am wrong. For Convoy US based MountainElectronics is very reliable. Head nothing but good things about Nkon.

S

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont trust GearBest any further than I could throw them. King Kongs are out standing cells. Doubt the 26700 will fit OP's light. The 5200mah Keeppower cell is a flat top IMR. Little to no voltage sag and the capacity rating is accurate. 15amps to 30amp max. It is about as good as a high capacity 26650 can be.

If an application can take a PROTECTED 26650, then chances are, an unprotected 26700 will fit fine (or maybe even better, since it will be thinner). As for voltage sag, the Keeppower 26650 is okay. But I can tell you for a fact that King Kongs are better. For instance, running a Keeppower 5200 in my PD40 at 1000 lumens only gets me about 10 minutes more runtime than a King Kong 4000 (actually around 4300mAH, which is significantly lower than the Keeppower). I have not taken a chance with the 5000s in the PD40 out of fear of destroying the light. But those who have taken a chance report that the light can go into burst mode for MUCH more of the discharge cycle compared to a Keeppower 5200.

CelticCross74

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
King Kongs are out standing cells. I only have one 26650 light(Olight R40)and am not sure if a King Kong or the Keeppower will fit. The proprietary 4000mah cell it comes with is just merely "okay" I am sure a King Kong or the Keeppower would do much better. Best big cells I have ever used are the 2 Fei Long 32650's that make up the battery pack in my ET MX. Those freaking things hold their charge forever. They drive the 2000+ lumen ET without breaking a sweat. Wish Fei Long made smaller cells.

Gunnerboy

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
I'm using Vappower IMR26650 5200mah cells from IMRbatteries.com (currently OOS). I chose it based on HKJ's review of the 4200mah version, and after reading this thread from a UK e-cig forum discussing the cell.

In that thread, one poster mentions that eight cells he tested had measured capacities from 5101mah to 5271mah. That poster also mentions that a ninth cell measured 5702mah, but I'll just write that cell off as an outlier. No mention of what test current was used, but consider that those are e-cig enthusiasts we're talking about.

Still hoping that HKJ decides to test these.

Last edited:
sidecross

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using Vappower IMR26650 5200mah cells from IMRbatteries.com (currently OOS). I chose it based on HKJ's review of the 4200mah version, and after reading this thread from a UK e-cig forum discussing the cell.

In that thread, one poster mentions that eight cells he tested had measured capacities from 5101mah to 5271mah. That poster also mentions that a ninth cell measured 5702mah, but I'll just write that cell off as an outlier. No mention of what test current was used, but consider that those are e-cig enthusiasts we're talking about.

Still hoping that HKJ decides to test these.
I use these batteries too and have been pleased with them. I bought them at Mountain Electronics for $10.85 each. The photograph and description do not say Vappower, but the batteries delivered do. I hope HKJ tests these too.