Highest Output / Lowest Current, White, 10mm or 5mm LED

Mednanu

Enlightened
I'm looking for the highest output, lowest current, 10mm or 5mm White LED. Specifically, I'm planning on making a slew of Joule Thief-driven, single LED emergency lights and am looking for the highest efficiency white LED's in either standard 5mm or Jumbo 10mm packaging. I've been off of the bleeding edge of LED technology development over the past few years and haven't seen the latest and greatest developments out there, so please clue me in with what you guys know regarding these two sized LED packages. Thanks in advance !

Gunner12

Flashaholic
According to the White LED lumen Testing thread, the Jeled 50K is one of the better performing 5mm LEDs. I think a 10mm LED is essentially a 5mm LED with a bigger casing and narrower emitting pattern.

I was thinking of making a Joule thief myself with a few self changing RGB LEDs and making a color changing light.

Mednanu

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up on that thread. So far, I've been searching eBay and have found some 10mm LED's that put out 140,000 mcd @20ma, which seems to be about tops on intensity so far.