Hiking in the nude

Stan671

Enlightened
We have a naturalist resort near me and I went to visit there. They have acres of woods in the back with some hiking trails. I decided to so for a short hike with nothing but flipflops, my phone, and a smile. It was very freeing feeling and enjoyable until I realized that I was lost in the woods. I didn't panic, I just called up Google maps on my phone and pointed myself towards the resort until I found a trail I recognized. I ended up walking way more in my flipflops that I entended to. But it was all good.

GoVegan

Enlightened
True story, my buddies papaw rescued his red bone coon hound that got its coin purse all knotted up in a Briar patch. Ripped him wide open. Ol Flash was smart enough to sit still while Ralph cut him out.

I won't be hiking nude.
Damn, man, poor thing, when I read the first post, that's exactly what I thought of too. No way would I hike naked, I'd be worried about mosquito bites or a branch ripping off my pecker.

As a teen I was a naked pot farmer in Northern California. Worked our garden in all my golden tan glory. :)

I would also periodically hike my canyon (clothed due to the tough brush), then find a beautiful rock with a nice view and strip down for a naked sunset. We frequently skinny dipped in broad daylight in the Mokelumne River. It was just the wonderful free culture I grew up in.

But other than some swimming, never did naked at night outside of the standard context.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a teen I was a naked pot farmer in Northern California. Worked our garden in all my golden tan glory. :)

I would also periodically hike my canyon (clothed due to the tough brush), then find a beautiful rock with a nice view and strip down for a naked sunset. We frequently skinny dipped in broad daylight in the Mokelumne River. It was just the wonderful free culture I grew up in.

But other than some swimming, never did naked at night outside of the standard context.
Do not try roasting marshmallows in the buff unless you have a really long stick🤔

turbodog

Flashaholic
This reminds me of a video (from before youtube).

Two american boys are at the beach... dreaming of the nude European beaches and the fine things they envision there.

Then it cuts to two european boys at a nude beach, populated by older less fine things... while they dream of beaches in the US where clothes are required.
:crackup:

This reminds me of a video (from before youtube).

Two american boys are at the beach... dreaming of the nude European beaches and the fine things they envision there.

Then it cuts to two european boys at a nude beach, populated by older less fine things... while they dream of beaches in the US where clothes are required.
:crackup:

Like Cheech and Chong heading down to Mexico to get some Spanish Fly. They get in a cab and the driver asks them "Hey Man! Do you know where I can get some American Fly?" :cool:

I have the biggest fright of them all. After sunset, about 8:19 PM or sometimes later, but definitely by 9:00 PM, the local authorities lock the steel gate to Topanga State Park and additionally, they tow your car away! If the police catches you they will lock you up in prison!

When I was younger, one used to be able to stay as late as you want and hike with the particular flashlight you're testing out. During that bygone era, Surefire was the flashlight of choice. Now, that freedom is gone. Forever.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
S&R, it has been that way up north at Manresa State Bch. If cars are left inside parking lot after closing at "dusk" gates are locked and cars are towed. Weekends the worse. Rangers on duty want to lock up and go home, especially Saturday night. So, we park outside the gates. Pedestrian trails down the bluff to beach remain open

we park outside the gates. Pedestrian trails down the bluff to beach remain open
kg, Thank you for the tip!
5951-CB38-D72-C-4-F3-D-BD69-5049-C72750-E3.jpg

This thread is entirely too much TMI and Over Sharing :) .... There are some things I just don't need to know about other people .... on a flashlight forum.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the things in this thread used to count as public offences. I for my part will not even wear shorts in public and have stopped going swimming when I was a child. I will be fully clothed at a beach at all times (not that Id ever want to visit one) and wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything less then a short sleeved button-up will full length pants. No flop-flops or sandals for me either, leather oxfords at all times. To each their own I suppose, but I dont need to see that.

Booga

Newly Enlightened
Nudism has never been something that's appealed to me, but as they say, you do you. :)

Embarrassment/body image issues aside, I wouldn't want to hike nude due to all the things I don't want my skin coming into contact with: ticks, horseflies, midges, stinging nettles, brambles, giant hogweed....

Footpaths near me can get pretty overgrown, even with regular use it's common to have to push through plants that sting/scratch or harbour insects that are overhanging the paths. Unless I know a certain trail is free of those sorts of hazards I tend to hike with long trousers all year round.