HO-13, D36 400 Lumens High Output LA Sneak Preview.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
HO-13.JPG

Hi guys, this is a sneak preview of the upcoming HO-13.

The spec of this Reflector Module is as follows:

Model: HO-13
Size: D36
Designed Voltage: 10.8V
Designed Current: 1.4A
Brightness: 400 Lumens (Bulb Lumens)
Colour Temperature: 3300 K
Average Life: 20 Hours
Remarks: Continous use, NO heat warning. For use with 3 x 3.7V rechargeable cells.

Please note that this is an UNOFFICAL preview of the HO-13 and that's why I didn't post it on the Manufacturer's Forum.

There is no preorder or anything, this is just meant to give you guys a sneak preview of the lamp.

Thanks

Mark

lexina

Enlightened
Hi Mark,

will you be making a HO-13 in D26 form too? I am hoping to run this lamp in a 9P on 3 X R123s for higher output than the P91.

if not, can we unscrew and fit the bulb into a D26 reflector?

Last edited:

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Lexina,

The D26 reflector can only handle 380 Lumens because of the heat. It will be very impractical for use if we design anything over that.

What is the use with a 350-380 Lumens 3 x RCR123A Lamp Assembly when we already have a HO-9 and EO-9 that can put out the same lumens?

No, the size of the bulb is different and the focusing point is different also. So you can't just unscrew and fit it in.

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I guess that depends on where you use it.

I live in England and only seem to realy need my lights in the darker winter months. It gets cold here, cold enough that none of my torches get hot, My P91 gets just about luke warm after a full burn on a long walk and thats in a vital gear bezle that has much less mass to disipate the hear like the c series bezzle.

I rarley use it inside as thats what i think LED's are good for, so I would love to see this lamp in a D26 reflector because for me heat issues are realy not a big deal.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Raoul Duke,

You may use the EO-9 for a longer period of time if you are in cold winter. The 380 lumens should be bright enough for maximum throw, if you need flood, you may choose P91, the P91 has a small hot spot with a very big spill.

Mark

Last edited:

lexina

Enlightened
Mark@LF said:
What is the use with a 350-380 Lumens 3 x RCR123A Lamp Assembly when we already have a HO-9 and EO-9 that can put out the same lumens?

To me, it's not just a question of brightness. It's also the ability to mix and match different lamps and cells.

That's why you have your HO-4 (150 lumens), HO-6 (160 lumens) and ES-9 (150 lumens). Although they are the same brightness, they allow the use of different-sized cells.

When I travel, I prefer to carry only 1 incan. and 1 smaller led light but both on the same type of cells so that one can back up the other. It would be great if I can carry a 9P with 3 X R123s for a really bright incan; and a Fenix P1 using 1 X R123 as a long running led. In an emergency, I would then have 4 X R123 I could use in the P1.

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
lexina said:
To me, it's not just a question of brightness. It's also the ability to mix and match different lamps and cells.

That's why you have your HO-4 (150 lumens), HO-6 (160 lumens) and ES-9 (150 lumens). Although they are the same brightness, they allow the use of different-sized cells.

When I travel, I prefer to carry only 1 incan. and 1 smaller led light but both on the same type of cells so that one can back up the other. It would be great if I can carry a 9P with 3 X R123s for a really bright incan; and a Fenix P1 using 1 X R123 as a long running led. In an emergency, I would then have 4 X R123 I could use in the P1.

Great minds think alike :) , although I'f I had the option of the 13V 3 x RCR 123 lamp, Id have a 1 cell LED, 2 cell 9 volt E2D for close up brightness & spill, and a 3 cell 13volt lamp for throw. I still like to keep my lights as small as posible though, so a P1 Or Q3, an E2D on vitalgear F2 body and a F3 vital gear with the 26 bezle is the smallest I can think of for EDC.

Last edited:

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
...I have the EO-13 700 lumen lamp assembly in my 13 volt Extended M90. Nice light but only a little brighter than the Wolf-Eyes 12 and 13 volt lamp assemblies. On the other hand I have the EO-09 9 volt 26 mm 380 lumen lamp assembly in a W-E Raider and it is much brighter than the W-E 9v D26 lamp assembly. My uneducated guess is that the EO-13 which is rated at 700 lumens is actually less than 500 and the EO-09 which is rated at 380 lumens is actually putting out between 300 and 350.
Both lights powered with fully charged rechargeable cells.
JC

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I have the EO-13 700 lumen lamp assembly in my 13 volt Extended M90. Nice light but only a little brighter than the Wolf-Eyes 12 and 13 volt lamp assemblies. On the other hand I have the EO-09 9 volt 26 mm 380 lumen lamp assembly in a W-E Raider and it is much brighter than the W-E 9v D26 lamp assembly. My uneducated guess is that the EO-13 which is rated at 700 lumens is actually less than 500 and the EO-09 which is rated at 380 lumens is actually putting out between 300 and 350.
Both lights powered with fully charged rechargeable cells.
JC

Here's what I came up with using the 65% converson from bulb to torch lumens:

700 lumens = 455 torch lumens
380 lumens = 247 torch lumens

I think the EO-9 rocks, it definitely beats out the P91!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is designed voltage different from the voltage printed on the box?
On the box it says 13V, and description says Designed Voltage 10.8V.

The spec of this Reflector Module is as follows:

Model: HO-13
Size: D36
Designed Voltage: 10.8V
Designed Current: 1.4A
Brightness: 400 Lumens (Bulb Lumens)
Colour Temperature: 3300 K
Average Life: 20 Hours
Remarks: Continous use, NO heat warning. For use with 3 x 3.7V rechargeable cells.

DM51

Flashaholic
The designed voltage is the voltage at which the lamp is designed to operate once the batteries have settled down, having taken into account the voltage sag of the batteries and their gradual voltage drop during discharge.

The LA must not flash at the nominal 13v, because that is what it will briefly get with fresh cells on start-up, but maintaining that voltage would greatly reduce its designed life.

Latest posts