HO-9

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
LF makes some great stuff. Been getting there stuff for years but to me can’t beat the original stuff. Got to start hoarding some stuff away.
Original stuff excels in having more throw and being halogen-filled, that's all. But for better LiIon compability I always swear by LF.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Well I for one am glad there around they keep my incandescents going.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF makes some great stuff. Been getting there stuff for years but to me can’t beat the original stuff. Got to start hoarding some stuff away.
I really liked my HO-6 in my original G2. I bought it about 15 yrs ago, and I still have it in a box somewhere around here. About the time I bought my Seraph 6 I switched all of my D26/P30 lights over to LED. I really liked their multi-mode drop ins. I understand why they had to go to single mode drop ins when they upgraded the LEDs, but I really miss having multi-mode drop-ins available.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Hey Timothy, I was wondering what multi-mode D26 dropins were you referring to that they no longer make? Doesn't ring a bell for me.

I just remember the P60L and that was single mode. Malkoff/Illum/Overready and all the Chinese multi-modes are available all over the place.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Hey Timothy, I was wondering what multi-mode D26 dropins were you referring to that they no longer make? Doesn't ring a bell for me.
I just remember the P60L and that was single mode. Malkoff/Illum/Overready and all the Chinese multi-modes are available all over the place.
The LF simple H/M/L ones. But I don't miss them at all as I don't fancy using multimode under the forward clicky environment.

Unfortunately a lot of Chinese makes still stick to the forward clicky multimode config, which means one cannot do proper SOS or other Morse Codes.

[email protected]

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
The LF simple H/M/L ones. But I don't miss them at all as I don't fancy using multimode under the forward clicky environment.

Unfortunately a lot of Chinese makes still stick to the forward clicky multimode config, which means one cannot do proper SOS or other Morse Codes.

It is the 3.6-13V, Low-Mid-High with Memory(5%-30%-100%) Max at 1A Module.
We discontinued them a couple years back because we used up the drivers in our inventory and we wanted to make an upgraded version.
Then other projects took priority over it and so it was not revisited.
I will go back to the project sometime next quarter.

Cheers.

Mark

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the 3.6-13V, Low-Mid-High with Memory(5%-30%-100%) Max at 1A Module.
We discontinued them a couple years back because we used up the drivers in our inventory and we wanted to make an upgraded version.
Then other projects took priority over it and so it was not revisited.
I will go back to the project sometime next quarter.

Cheers.

Mark
That is good to hear. I always liked your high CRI multi-mode drop ins.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance that a drop in that DOES fit the old Wolf Eyes/Pila lights could be made? I have several D26 and D36 models that I’d love to keep more up to date. They have a great heavy duty build and I’ve been on the lookout for an led option. Especially a neutral/warm option to keep the same feel.

[email protected]

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Any chance that a drop in that DOES fit the old Wolf Eyes/Pila lights could be made? I have several D26 and D36 models that I’d love to keep more up to date. They have a great heavy duty build and I’ve been on the lookout for an led option. Especially a neutral/warm option to keep the same feel.

Sorry Phaserburn, their interior dimension are too small for our D26 and D36 LED modules to fit inside.
And I have no interest to retool all my current module designs to make them fit on those lights.
Our incandescent line-ups still fit them tho.

Cheers.

Mark

Latest posts