holly molly! how do you all watch baseball?

Wurkkos

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its so damn boreing. since are local team is in it i tried to watch but i trully thought i was being punished

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's better to watch it with friends. I hate watching any sports, but with friends it's more fun. I like it when my brother in law gets so mad he takes his bama hat off and stomps it if the other team scores too much. I don't really much watch the game--I get entertained by the people watching it and they keep me informed while I'm tripping on them.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Even watching a sport I enjoy, like cycling, I find boring. Some things it's better to just be a participant than a spectator. I'll watch World Series games if either NY team is in it, but that's the extent of my interest in baseball. My late father used to watch practically every game of the season.

I find football even more boring to watch. Just when the action starts they blow the whistle and everyone stands around again.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I love baseball. I study the motion of every pitch and enjoy the pitcher vs hitter strategy. It's probably easier if you truly love a team, though. I grew up going to Cardinals games with my dad.

funzel

Newly Enlightened
"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."
Bob Hope

obviously that doesn't apply to baseball.
;)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Seems like anyone who participates with a sizable gold chain around their neck is not playing a sport, more like an athletic fashion event.

But today's sports enthusiasts can get all foaming at the mouth with excitement; Much better than the ancient Roman coliseum slaughter fest, right?.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i decided to watch since it was the local team i watch and am bored but i stick thru it bored as hell. guess whaht they won. but there going to play again wtf kind of torture is this?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
also they started talking about will smith i get excited i lovd him in all his movies he seems nice. oh but it was another will smith

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."
Bob Hope

obviously that doesn't apply to baseball.
;)
I worked at pitching a ball from the time I was around 10 until around 14. It seems I got pretty good at it too.

The last year I played baseball I was on one of the local hand picked little league teams. The kind where the coach gets to pick his team from a list of kids who signed up and the other teams get who's left. Each year before that I was on a team of leftovers. But to me that was fun. Especially when we beat the hand picked team. We had fun playing baseball.

Being on the hand picked team sucked. It was no fun to me since our players were expecting to win every game. One practice day I was asked to try out on the pitchers mound and "passed". So the next game I went in as a reliever. My heart just wasn't in baseball anymore because each game the team handily beat all of the other teams. Many times the other teams had my friends from sand lot ball who we always talked about how the hand picked team sucks……and now I was one of them.

So I go in, throw about 20 pitches to which I struck out 3 batters and when walking off the field saw two of my friends riding skateboards nearby. I walked over to them and that was that. I never went back.

Later the coach knocks on my parents front door. It seems we had won the championship in an undefeated season. He had a trophy for me. I said "no thanks, keep it". Those kids on the undefeated team actually thought they had accomplished something worth while. I never saw it that way, when all of the best talent is stacked against the rest. To me it was like being a grown up who was playing kick ball with first graders and being proud of kicking the ball past them.

I stopped watching pro baseball when they paid Pete Rose a million $. To me that was the day professional sports died. It was no longer about the game after that. It was about the $……

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The couple of times I attended a baseball game I found myself looking at everything else - the crowds, the stadium itself, vendors working the crowd, pigeons feasting on french fries - but the game itself.

Last time I watched a game on TV was the when Cruz almost singlehandedly lost the 2011 World Series for the Rangers in game 6 failing to make a catch. Perhaps not the most fair characterization but I wasn't feeling charitable at the time.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The couple of times I attended a baseball game I found myself looking at everything else - the crowds, the stadium itself, vendors working the crowd, pigeons feasting on french fries - but the game itself.

Last time I watched a game on TV was the when Cruz almost singlehandedly lost the 2011 World Series for the Rangers in game 6 failing to make a catch. Perhaps not the most fair characterization but I wasn't feeling charitable at

Game 6 of the 2011 world series was one of the most epic, memorable events of my life. That was the year that David Freese earned LOC status, which is the highest honor that can be bestowed on a celebrity by me. It stands for Life of Crime. This means that I love David Freese so much that if he turns to a life of crime and needs to hide from federal agents, I have a room available for him. LOC status also extends to other St Louis Cardinals players as well as all four current members of Metallica, plus Jason Newsted.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok im being punked! there is no way the game is suppsoed to last so long! hurry up damn it i have to go christmas shoping