• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *CLOSED*

elnino

Enlightened
Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Calipsoii, just wanted to let you know that I have received my LED ring. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet
but I will test it this weekend. Thanks.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Showed up in the mailbox today. My old style 4-flats A2 with a fivemega Strion socket and now a calipsoii ring makes for a very nice pimped out light. :thumbsup: Gonna take it camping tonight, but I can already tell the new ring is going to be great. Dimmer, but the tint is so much nicer than the stock blue^W white...

Glad to hear you like it yowzer! I do wish the LED's were a tiny bit brighter, but they're fine for most close tasks and the tint is definitely my favorite from a 5mm. Have fun on your camping trip!

Calipsoii, just wanted to let you know that I have received my LED ring. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet
but I will test it this weekend. Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know elnino, it's always a relief to hear from people when the rings start arriving. Give it a spin this weekend and let me know what you think!

yowzer

Enlightened

Glad to hear you like it yowzer! I do wish the LED's were a tiny bit brighter, but they're fine for most close tasks and the tint is definitely my favorite from a 5mm. Have fun on your camping trip!

Oh, I'm not complaining about the output.... in fact, if I could afford it right now, I'd pick up another A2 and a red/yellow-green multimode ring for some serious dim lighting. :) The WW gets washed out whenever there's any ambient lighting, but in actual darkness, it's more than bright enough for seeing in a tent or around camp. And it just goes so well with the incandescent high beam... so pretty.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Calipsoii, this is my order for a multi-mode ring with 1x Red and 2x Warm White LEDs. I will send payment via PayPal upon receipt of your PM.

Great job making an awesome light even better!

Hi Mike,

I would like another one Single Mode Warm White please. PM me your PP info when ready.

Thanks.
LJ

Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about you, just been busy. Got a chance to get most of the heavy lifting done on your rings today, so they won't take long to finish up.
progress20111105.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic

.... in fact, if I could afford it right now, I'd pick up another A2 and a red/yellow-green multimode ring for some serious dim lighting. :) ....

That RD/YG does sound like an excellent combo - :cool:

I'm still really enjoying my RD/BL and CY/AM, these rings just make the A2 so much more versatile....

cyberspyder

Enlightened

Is this still open? I am sort of fed up with waiting months for my onion rings from koala, so this will have to do.

Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic

@cyberspyder: Although the design of these are slightly different than the koala onion rings, they are absolutely top-notch and easily comparable in quality (speaking as someone who has both types...).

@calipsoii: I don't know if it may be too late for you to edit the title of your thread here, but (IMHO) calling these "Homemade" at this point seems far too modest - how about "Custom Hand-Crafted" instead ? - ;)

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

I would like another one Single Mode Warm White please. PM me your PP info when ready.

Thanks.
LJ
Lightjunk, your ring went out this evening. :thumbsup: smcharchan, your PM has been sent!

Is this still open? I am sort of fed up with waiting months for my onion rings from koala, so this will have to do.

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

@calipsoii: I don't know if it may be too late for you to edit the title of your thread here, but (IMHO) calling these "Homemade" at this point seems far too modest - how about "Custom Hand-Crafted" instead ? - ;)

Thanks for the kind words archimedes! For this run I'll probably just leave the thread title as is, but the next thread will get a different one for sure. By this point, I think anyone who's interested already knows what I'm all about.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello,
I'd like to purchase the following:
  • 1 x Warm White: $22USD (in stock)
  • $7 shipping
  • $29 total
Please send PP info and I'll send Payment ASAP. Thanks!

-Rich

LightJunk

Enlightened

Received my first WW ring in excellent condition. Super fast shipping too. 10 days to reach me. I love it.

Thanks for me making this. Can't wait for my second one.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

The first snow of the season means it's a good day to stay inside...
snowue.jpg

... and work on LED rings! :)
complete20111112.jpg

PM's have been sent!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

RichS and springnr, your rings went out this morning!

flex76italy

Enlightened

Hello Mike,

ring arrived today, I was starting to cold sweat :sweat: it took 3 entire weeks to arrive at my door, a big :thumbsdow to italian customs!

Fantastic work Mike, high quality craftmanship :thumbsup:

Thank you!

DDS

Enlightened

Hi Mike:
I was one of the many who was stiffed by Atomic Chicken and have now been on a list for over a year for Kaola's onion ring. I just stumbled on to this thread and was excited to see that I may finally be able to mod my A2!

I would like a single mode, warm white ring ($22 plus $7 shipping = $29). I will await your instructions.

Thanks!

Dave

st_burt

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to order 1 x single mode warm white ring. Please let me know when to send payment.

Take care,

Stephen

Edit: Payment sent. Thanks Mike.

Last edited:

Juggler1

Newly Enlightened

Hi, I would like to order a White Sureire A2 LED ring. I can pay by PayPal. Do I order here? I used the blue LED when I was in the military. Now that I am retired From the service I want to shift to white in order to get better use from this great flashlight. Thanks

Juggler1

Newly Enlightened

Hi, I would like to order a White Sureire A2 LED ring. I can pay by PayPal. Do I order here? I used the blue LED when I was in the military. Now that I am retired From the service I want to shift to white in order to get better use from this great flashlight. Thanks

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Juggler1, you've returned! I had a warm white ring all made for you but you disappeared.

There is a 3 post minimum before you can receive a private message. Can you post one more time in this thread just saying something like "ok" so that I can PM you my PayPal address when your ring is complete?

Thanks!