• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

host ideas for v5 triple

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
TNC has the best hosts imho. His threads are a thing of beauty, and you can't beat the copper for heat management. I still need to add a couple brass and copper dragons to my collection

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of us are totally enamored with the Z2 style and do not consider the small amount of added mass an advantage with the C2. If you are holding the light with your hand directly, that will transfer some of the heat away.

I'm toying with the idea of a V5 Triple, and was thinking of getting a SF Z2 for it.
There's no mention of a Z2 here, just C2. Is there any reason not to use a Z2? Is it the lack of mass compared to the C2?
Thanks chaps.
P

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that Oveready has Z1 and Z2 bodies in the pipeline. Custom not Surefire.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that Oveready has Z1 and Z2 bodies in the pipeline. Custom not Surefire.

This happened a couple years ago (at least the Z2 body, do not remember a Z1) or about then. It would be nice to see them do it again, I bought two before. With a shock-cord lanyard, they are superb for my application.