• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HOT %&$@ Look What I found...

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I was going through my pile of "stuff" in my flashlight area(Master closet :laughing: ), when I came across a litle plastic baggie. Upon inspection it appeared to be from the SS. I assumed it was a switch part I had ordered a couple of weeks ago.
Then I found the switch part I had ordered and looked into the "surprise" bag.
WHOO HOO!.
It was the Aleph Light Engine I ordered for my Aleph3!!
Its a DB917 with a Seoul P4. I had totally forgot about it.

The beam in my Aleph3 is AWESOME!! I was really surprised at the brightness and throw of this thing. It is by far the best thrower of any Mcgizmo I have and the spill is bright also.
I dare say it is a better beam than the 27lt! IMHO.
It really made my day.
Just wanted to share my joy.:grin2:

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
A true sign of Flashaholism is forgetting stuff thats important ...send all your goodies to me and seek treatment ...Don't forget to send me the stuff ...:laughing:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have to retract my statement from above.

That 27lt is hard to beat. I got to use both the A3 and the 27lt in an outdoor situation tonight. The A3 throws farther of course but the 27lt has a very nice all around beam.
I dont know if one is BETTER than the other :shrug:

I may have to keep them both.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Those DB917-Seoul L.Es from the Shoppe kick serious @rs@.
(So do the NG750-Seoul).

In my A1, the DB917-Seoul LE probably has about 7000 lux at 1-metre.
The spill is much brighter too though. I'd guess overall output is
close to 200 lumens. Its certainly quite a bit brighter than my 27LT-S.

The 27LT-S still has a more even, perfect beam.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised that these LE's don't get more reactions like this. I am equally blown away by the performance of my NG750 Seoul from the shoppe in my Aleph 3 and Aleph 1. This thing is jaw droppingly bright and the beam is georgeous.

I would say that I prefer this beam over the 27LT's because the spill is very impressive from the Aleph 3 but it reaches out further.

-Goatee

easilyled

Flashaholic
I couldn't agree more - I'm so pleased I was one of the first to jump
on the Shoppe's L.Es. I hope they'll make more.

:)> said:
I am surprised that these LE's don't get more reactions like this. I am equally blown away by the performance of my NG750 Seoul from the shoppe in my Aleph 3 and Aleph 1. This thing is jaw droppingly bright and the beam is georgeous.

I would say that I prefer this beam over the 27LT's because the spill is very impressive from the Aleph 3 but it reaches out further.

-Goatee