house shoping

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol there kinda nasty though but hect if room is low to ground i can fix most stuff. iahe heights. and it has to have good foundation

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, if my vision continues to deteriorate and I end up on disability then I'll move to LaGrange, GA. As long as I have broadband internet access though.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there is dsl and cable modem here...lol and thast the asking price lol offer 10 k

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Man you could make a little "postcard" type front yard with some planted or potted flowers...a little fixin' up and that could be a cozy little place. How's the roof? That could cost some dollars if it isn't in good shape. Is that a garage or another house next to it?

If you are serious, don't just "jump into a deal"...have patience and look around. You know what they say about the "grass being greener on the other side until you get there?!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Indoor plumbing or outhouse? For 12k who cares!One acre of bare land costs 12K plus here.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
12K? Geez - the BROKER fees for selling around here are more than that - like 3-4x that! A bare acre? No such thing around here - a bare LOT? (say 40x100?) Got 300-400k?

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
New York property prices are unbelievable,I'm in a rural area that is slowly being converted into a bedroom community for people working in Cleveland.Our farm was purchased in 1960 for about 250 dollars an acre.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Down on the Jersey shore (Long Beach Island), even the crappiest places go for $$$$$$$. I saw an add in a real estate booklet for a 1 room place that had a wall missing and no plumbing or anything. It was on 1 1/2 acre lot.........2 weeks later it sold for 900,000. Some of the nicer houses were going for 5-10 mil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks ok from here.
That house would look really cute with some flowers and some minor fixes.
Plus no landlord to haggle with every year when leasetime comes up.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i aint moveing here i wont be happy here but lol i am going to offer land lord like 5 k for this house. thern ill fix it up and rent it its only worth like 5 k ibet i moved in and it had holes ya can fall threw in floor ya could see the dirt under the house its messed upi fixwed some of it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol this whole city aint worth 600k and we have rich folks here like the calaways the golf people i think they live here anyways