How and where do you carry your McGizmo?

G

gatorsactions

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I'm new here and thinking about making one of these McGizmos my edc light. Currently just carrying an eagletac d25c. Anyway, the hiaku is definately bigger than my current eagletac as far as I can tell. How and where do you all carry your lights? Photos or descriptions will do! Thanks.

B

BarryG

Enlightened
I carry my Haiku loose in my left front pocket and just moved my Sapphire from my keys to a neck lanyard. Still have an E01 on my keys, waiting to see whether the E01 or Sapphire will die first! I'm guessing both will be lost before they die! Both seem to be bombproof and super reliable. I've never heard of a Sapphire fail and only a few E01's for reasons other than battery leakage.

Sorry to go off topic....

Barry

nbp

nbp

Flashaholic
Don put that super clip on there for a reason, son. :cool:

clipsz.jpg

scout24

scout24

Staff member
Four may seem like overkill... :nana: As long as you're not wearing skater-boy skinny jeans, a Haiku just kinda blends in quickly and goes unnoticed. Until you need it. :thumbsup: Welcome to CPF, by the way. May as well start here in Don's subforum, it will save you time, money, and aggravation in the long run.

Exeter354

Exeter354

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I make sure I always have my Haiku in my messenger bag or backpack. I don't carry it on me physically unless I'm out walking at night and then it's in my hand with my Sundrop or Makai in my pocket as a back up. I rarely leave the house without at least one McGizmo within easy reach.

jumpstat

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a holster on the belt. The pouch would either be AW's velcro or Kazu's leather holster.

greatscoot

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Is everyone here a Lefty? :) I carry mine clipped in my right front pocket.

cowsmilk

cowsmilk

Newly Enlightened
Now that I finally have one it rides clipped to my left pocket.

D

DTF

Enlightened
My 1x123 McGizmo, was using a Haiku head but have switched to a Sundrop, complete with a proper 1/4"-20 clip that is attached to a McGizmo coiled tether. To the ti split ring of the coiled tether I have another ti split ring with my keys, and small Swiss Army knife. Normally, I wrap the coiled tether tightly around the body of the battery pak. This makes it easy to carry in my jacket pocket and also serves as a nice handle for working the light.

This evening, found another use for the coiled tether: emergency dog leash. Jaqi, my Gordon Setter, for the first time, caught a squirrel and I had the job of separating her from the squirrel and the only way of doing that was to hold her by the collar or with a leash, which was back at the car about 300 yards away. Had to think of something quick so grabbed the keys, uncoiled the tether and latched her up. Worked perfectly, with the Sundrop in my hand and the dog attached to the coiled tether.

Frankly, to me, what makes the McGizmo a real tool is the 1/4-20 clip. Having 4 McGizmos in the back pocket and none of them having the proper clip.... don't see the point.

nbp

nbp

Flashaholic
Frankly, to me, what makes the McGizmo a real tool is the 1/4-20 clip. Having 4 McGizmos in the back pocket and none of them having the proper clip.... don't see the point.

I didn't think I had to say it, but I don't actually carry 4 McGizmos in my pocket. :nana: That was just for the photo.

And some were used or purchased before the drilled clip was available. Either way, I don't find them less useful without the hole - I clip mine to my pocket.

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I didn't think I had to say it, but I don't actually carry 4 McGizmos in my pocket. :nana: That was just for the photo.

And some were used or purchased before the drilled clip was available. Either way, I don't find them less useful without the hole - I clip mine to my pocket.

Dude, you had nice matching beads, don't you use them anymore?

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
My 1x123 McGizmo, was using a Haiku head but have switched to a Sundrop, complete with a proper 1/4"-20 clip that is attached to a McGizmo coiled tether. To the ti split ring of the coiled tether I have another ti split ring with my keys, and small Swiss Army knife. Normally, I wrap the coiled tether tightly around the body of the battery pak. This makes it easy to carry in my jacket pocket and also serves as a nice handle for working the light.

This evening, found another use for the coiled tether: emergency dog leash. Jaqi, my Gordon Setter, for the first time, caught a squirrel and I had the job of separating her from the squirrel and the only way of doing that was to hold her by the collar or with a leash, which was back at the car about 300 yards away. Had to think of something quick so grabbed the keys, uncoiled the tether and latched her up. Worked perfectly, with the Sundrop in my hand and the dog attached to the coiled tether.

Dude, no offense here at at all, however, the regular clips are fine too. If you need the 1/4 20 it is very nice.

I have one out of six with the 1/4 20, and I have more things in my photo studio with that ISO 1/4 20 than you can imagine. Now, I think it is a fantastic option, however, I am not sure about the "Proper clip" these lights were around along time before the threaded clip.

Not everyone uses the leash system. In other words, the standard clip is fine, and to me it is, in it self, the most prolific clip to ever be installed on a flashlight. The threaded one is an excellent bonus, and I love them and will add more as I buy more McGizmos, (Can you ever have enough)?

I just don't feel calling it the proper clip is correct -- as opposed to the standard clip being not proper? I am not the Sultan of Syntax, but the regular McGizmo clip is in no way improperly designed.

Frankly, it sounds like there is something wrong with the standard, original and classic McGizmo clip, known worldwide as an amazing design.

Just my thoughts.

CLIP ADD: When I use my threaded clip, I slide a thin 1/4 20 nut on the underside of the clip in order to not strip the threads in the clip, and it serves as a lock nut.

Sincerely and respectfully,

With all best wishes,

NR