• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How did you use your PD today

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Chromey works good as a slide.
tongue.gif

howpd1.jpg

howpd.jpg

kennyj

Enlightened
What kind of beamshaper is that?

Interesting use for a PD. I think I need to get something to cover the tail on mine, though. I keep dropping it and it has a bunch of dings. :( Kinda stings, cuz it's my baby and all.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kennyj, It is not a beam shaper. It is a rubber bezel ring from a cheapo light that I can't seem to recall. I use it for better grip when using the bezel twist method of activation.:p

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Beamhead ... you are evil :devil:
This is not how it is supposed to be used :green:
:wave:
bernie

Banshee

Enlightened
Mine is ziptied to my Bell Citi helmet for my (now in the dark) commute home.
I'll grab pic tonite

It received its first "use it like a tool" mark two days ago when I dropped it on the sidewalk...chipped the leading edge of the bezel....

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
Beamhead ... you are evil
evilgrin07.gif

This is not how it is supposed to be used
icon15.gif

wink2.gif

bernie

thinking.gif
Doc, I have been called everything possible by both loved ones and detractors, but this is the first time I have been called evil.
grinser2.gif
tongue.gif

Picture a smoke filled garage lit only by two 48" black lights, and my PD being used as a slide while on low.
wink.gif

The actual in progress shots turned out bad, so these mildly staged ones were taken.
sssh.gif

Actually the best effect is with no light, just the PD on low and a strobe......whoa I just had a flash back
crackup.gif

And the PD in Chrome is quite tough, in fact my original slide is chrome/nickel over brass and from the 70's.....
icon15.gif

colterbay2005

Newly Enlightened
I used my PD last night while watching a movie at home to flash the ceiling alternatively between the high and low setting unitl my wife confiscated it.....I resumed my senseless flashing of the cieling after she fell asleep. Fun-Fun!

Daniel.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
second data's request ... maybe a movie clip? :D
bernie

P.S.: makes me want to grab my sleeping bass guitar again ... nostalgia ... :eek:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
second data's request ... maybe a movie clip? :D
bernie

P.S.: makes me want to grab my sleeping bass guitar again ... nostalgia ... :eek:

Doc and Data, sorry but no video was taken...a good thing for CPF.:green:

The next "session" may not be for a while. Hey Doc , dust off your Bass and head over for a session.;)

Here is a pitiful "in progess shot" for you two.(you might catch the vibe from it...or not):green: :aaa: :p

4docndata.jpg

TorchMan

Enlightened
Well I've only used mine to exercise the PayPal account and the Custom BST at this point. Whenever I get it, that will certainly change.

I have to ask about the Chrome PD being used as slide. Doesn't this scratch it? :huh2: :awman:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hey Beamhead ... the vibes are there :D ... even if it lacks contour ... :p

Torchman ... real men don't care about some little scratches ... :green:

bernie

EDIT: and besides ... these are only small and harmless guitar strings :nana: ... guess some real bass strings will saw through the poor thing in no time. If this is covered under warranty I could check it out ...

TorchMan

Enlightened
Heh, heh. You just reminded me of that old SNL skit, about "little girley men" because I would not want to scratch a chrome. Of course I try not to scratch any of my lights, but it does happen.

Darell

Flashaholic
Unless Beam wrapped that thing in several layers of tape first, I can almost guaranty that he did NOT use it like he's pretending!

You can fool some of these people, Beam, but I know you too well! That thing goes to bed each night in a fur-lined Otter Box if I have my guess.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a PD I need a PD I need a PD.

Whats a Otter Box? Are you suggesting he puts it in a pet cage with an Otter in it???

Kiessling

Flashaholic
An Otter Box is a watertight plastic box just like the Pelican Cases, with a cooler name :D
And yepp, you need a PD, Jon !
bernie

kennyj

Enlightened
And don't forget the new clip and an F04 beamshaper from SF!

This reminds me, I really need to find someone I know with a drill press so I can safely make lightening holes in my piston. After handling the Fenix L1P, I hunger for a PD with less weight.