How do I remove battery acid from inside battery tube?

kennyj

Enlightened
Moderator note: I'm sure nothing negative was meant but I've edited out an inappropriate comment for this thread.

Clarification: Johnny Dangerously reference. If you've seen it, you can probably guess what it was.

Last edited:

g36pilot

Enlightened
SuperNinja said:
Do they make civilian guns around that size? (38mm diameter) :eeksign:

Oops, I overlooked he was repairing a D sized mag. I don't think you'll find a bore brush that big at the local sporting goods store.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I think you would be ahead of the game by just buying a new light...you can find them for less than $10-12 on various sales.

Rommul

Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
I think you would be ahead of the game by just buying a new light...you can find them for less than $10-12 on various sales.

Yeah I don't really need this light, I just want to find something useful to do with it.

I have a few ideas.

Rommul

Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
Use it as an ice cream cone holder?

I am wondering if I can find a machine shop that will cut the 4d down to 2D size then bore out the barrel so that I could fit an 8AA pack and rethread the end.

That will leave about 4.75 inches left that I would like have threaded to fit a mag D head.

Just thinking.

This is all dependent on price though.

Luna

Enlightened
Rommul said:
I hav an old 4D mag that I want to "resurrect".

I loned it to a friend when he gave it back it had some dried battery acid inside. I needed to clean most of this from the bottom of the switch before it would work again. It works now but I need to know how to get all of it out.

Thanks

Get a spray can of battery terminal cleaner from your local auto store