How do you carry your clipless Mac's EDC?

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up one of these and love it. I've always EDC'd lights with clips, attaching them to my front pocket, but really don't want to do one of these with a clip because they are so nice to handle without it. I've got an iPhone in one front pocket and my keychain in the other, so just putting this loose in my pocket without protection is out of the question.

How do you carry your's? Pic's and/or links to specific holsters or sleeves, etc. would be cool, too.

Thanks!
Scott

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
Just clip mine on my belt. If it's one of the clipless ones, I empty a pocket for it...

Yeah my problem is my pockets are already full plus its a little too bulky to be down at the bottom of my pocket. I've been thinking about this, and I'm wondering if a custom holster could be made that is meant to be clipped on to my pocket but worn on the inside -- something that would look like half a cigar case with a McGizmo clip on it (i.e. not bulky with a 'flat' back and wide clip like a typical holster). Maybe out of thick, stiff leather with a single seam all the way around (heck, maybe even an actual cigar case?). I made something similar way back in the day out of neoprene and a salvaged wide clip for my RAZR because I didn't like it down at the bottom of my pocket -- it kept the phone at the top of my pocket where I could reach it easily, and protected it from other junk. If all else fails I think I'll just sew up a soft sleeve for it out of a couple of layers of microfiber cloth so I can let it coexist with my iPhone (BTW, photodon.com sells the absolute BEST microfiber you can get and in big pieces).