How do you carry your PD?

H

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 SF2 - that is special even by Matt's standards

M

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to get banned or labeled as a troll for this, but what needs to be said, needs to be said:

I haven't interacted much with Don, but from all the posts I've seen him write, and his generosity with the people deals with, I've come to the conclusion that he is a very nice and gentle fellow, as well as very smart. I don't own any McLux or McGizmo products, but everyone seems to rave about them.

Because of that, I was shocked that he posted those pictures of someone he considers his 'niece.' At first I thought that was his wife, perhaps (though I remember him saying that he was older than the woman looked). Which I think would make circumstances a bit different.

But to take someone who is a teenager, and someone you consider a niece, and put very, very revealing pictures online? For other men to, frankly, drool over and ogle?

Question: would you want your daughter's picture up there, in a similar fashion?

I don't think this is OT as other people have commented about it too, though in another respect altogether. But I had to say that I am shocked and I think some boundary was crossed here.

Last edited:
Fringe

Fringe

Enlightened
I am sure Don will respond to this, but I will respond as well.
Surely Don had the permission of his niece to post the pictures of her. And what sane, secure individual would not want to celebrate such a fine example of the female human species than with these lovely pictures. Even though the swimsuit is revealing, it is a swimsuit none-the-less and covers all her, "private parts."
I think it is tasteful and a beautiful example of God's creatures. Makes me thankful to be a man.

M

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure Don will respond to this, but I will respond as well.
Surely Don had the permission of his niece to post the pictures of her. And what sane, secure individual would not want to celebrate such a fine example of the female human species than with these lovely pictures. Even though the swimsuit is revealing, it is a swimsuit none-the-less and covers all her, "private parts."
I think it is tasteful and a beautiful example of God's creatures. Makes me thankful to be a man.

I am sure you are right that he most likely received her permission, he doesn't at all seem like the type who would do anything but otherwise.

However, I think that this is one case where consent does not necessarily render the decision correct.

I don't mean to trod on any toes - and Don I don't mean to necessarily offend you, but in this one instance I feel like something was lost of the family nature of CPF, and also just the thought experiment of "what if that was my daughter" caught in my conscience.

da.gee

da.gee

Enlightened
I don't think women in bathing suits are all that uncommon or unusual in Hawaii. Most residents wouldn't give this apparel a second thought in that magical land. Your thoughts are your own.

beach honda

beach honda

Enlightened
Yes, I found nothing wrong with Don's posting.....

Don't see why anybody in a bathing suit is weird....

Don's pictures were tasteful, and what better way to showcase such fine examples of his work than to pair them with a fine example of the human female form?

this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Not to speak for the poster, but I'm expecting his uneasiness is due to the fact that's she's a relative as opposed to just some "nice looking female swimming in a bikini" and the way Don "showcased" her is what the poster is uneasy about.

M

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks TIN - I think you've hit a good part of the crux of it there.

I

iconoclast

Enlightened
Not to speak for the poster, but I'm expecting his uneasiness is due to the fact that's she's a relative as opposed to just some "nice looking female swimming in a bikini" and the way Don "showcased" her is what the poster is uneasy about.

Oh, then that's easier to fix.
There was another manufacturer who recently posted pictures of a beautiful flashlight and female. If these manufacturers would just coordinate to swap pictures first, then everyone can comfortably limit themselves to posting only pictures of "strangers".
:tinfoil:

As for the original topic, I have "art of the hide" holesters for my mule and one pd, and occationally alternate which one lives on my belt. I have also have a pd in an old fenix nylon and elastic holster which probably isn't secure enough for belt carry, but clips nicely inside my laptop case. The rest aren't really "carried" so much being in a conspicuous place on a shelf in case you need to grab it for an "emergency" (such as it becoming dark outside, for example ;) ).

this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
With the clip always being tauted as one of the best, I'm surprise so many folks are not using them to EDC their lights.

I

iconoclast

Enlightened
With the clip always being tauted as one of the best, I'm surprise so many folks are not using them to EDC their lights.

Well, the clip slides inside the holester by design, as the leather is too thick for anything other this or a cut-out. The clip is too tight to directly be a belt clip, it really is a "pocket clip". And sure enough, those times that I do have a pd in my pocket, the clip is on the outside (that is, it's clipped to the pocket material). It just doesn't happen to be how I typically edc the things.

McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I am sure you are right that he most likely received her permission, he doesn't at all seem like the type who would do anything but otherwise.

However, I think that this is one case where consent does not necessarily render the decision correct.

I don't mean to trod on any toes - and Don I don't mean to necessarily offend you, but in this one instance I feel like something was lost of the family nature of CPF, and also just the thought experiment of "what if that was my daughter" caught in my conscience.

mcmc,

My "niece" was aware of my intent to take photos underwater of her and she met me at the beach with her friends and mom so that we could take some pictures. My decision to share some of them here seems to have been a bad one for some and I will keep that in mind in any future images I elect to share here. I take no offense from you and am sorry that the images offended you and your sense of what is proper and of a family nature.

"of a family nature" is an interesting concept. Some attractive girl or guy for that matter is a member of a family whether we know this family or not. How we elect to view someone should be with respect for that person regardless of any personal relationship we may have with them or their immediate family, IMHO. Over here in Hawaii, for the younger folks, most adults known to them are addressed as aunty or uncle. There is a sense and feeling of extended family or Ohana.

This post is OT and I don't want to get carried away with this tangent but suffice it to say that I personally think that we, all of us, have so much hypocrisy and double standards and denial and confusion and all kinds of good psychological baggage when it come to anyting that might relate directly or indirectly to sex that a healthy approach is likely one where one attempts do drop as much of the baggage as posible as well as attempts an honesty and awareness to that which can't be shed, if that makes any sense.

If this wonderful young woman were my sister or daughter or a stranger, I still would have taken the pictures, with her consent and on many honest levels, I could and would enjoy the images for the form and beauty they convey.

I understand that there are cultures and moral standards that put significance on the personal family relationship between individuals and have different standards based on family ties.

"Hey Dude, she's my sister, otherwise...."

Well I say hey dude, she is somebody's sister and daughter, whether you know them or not. And more important, she deserves respect on her own right, regardless.

Had I shown how I carry the lights over here with a self portrait, I know I would have offended more of you but for a different reason. Ironically there would have been some comment about showing the method of carry using someone more easy on the eye.

What I probably should have done was just stayed out of this thread. I had been passing on reading it and for that, I am sorry and sorry that some concerns went unaddressed for so long.

I would remove the images from my posts but I see that this would not remove them from quotes.

For the record, I refuse to find anything wrong with the images I posted here but I respect the fact that I should not have posted them as they do offend some of you. Leson learned.

Also, the young woman in the images is of no blood relationship to me but I would be honored, if she were. :eek:

EDIT: This post has been sitting on my lap top for a number of hours while I wated for the power as well is internet connection to come up. We are having some weather here at the moment.

Last edited:
McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I don't know if I locked and stickied this thread with my last post but assume that is what happened. Hopefully I have reversed that now and I will let you guys carry on. As to using the clip on a belt, if it is too tight, you can relax the tension by pulling the clip away from the light beyond its return ability. That is set it with less pre-tension. Putting more pretension back in though requires taking the clip off the light and either using some tools or mounting the clip backwards with it extended past the light and using the light itself to aid in reforming the clips tension.

I am confused by the comments about the inappropriateness of my previous posts and it seems it is not the image but my comments which caused the concern. My bad there, obviously.

I better end this before I loose internet connection again.

Codeman

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good grief...:rolleyes:

Barefootone

Barefootone

Enlightened
I've held my tongue about this for days, wanting to stay out of trouble. I will say this is a sad commentary :shakehead. Although we are all entitled to our opinions, IMHO there is hypocrisy somewhere lurking :rolleyes:. To stop myself from a :rant:, I will cease and desist.
Don I have to say, it was not your bad IMHO! Don I hope you continue to post your informative and beautiful photographs on all subject matter.
All my best,
Jeff

Last edited:
da.gee

da.gee

Enlightened
It's all about respect.

I want to say something more but will show you how I carry my PD-S instead. Sinnet by greenLED. Beads are GITD. Generally clipped to pocket with sinnet hanging out or if loose in pocket sinnet hanging out. If the skull might scare someone I put it in the pocket too.

PD-SwithSinnet.jpg

PD-SwithSinnet.jpg

PD-SwithSinnet.jpg

Last edited: