How do you carry your spare 123s?

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a good small way to carry between 2-6 spare 123s for trips. I have looked at a number of different options and found a few, but I am sure that you guys have some magic trick up your sleeve. Please share with me!

David

check this one out: CR123 Battery carrier

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sproles,
Looks good if it is waterproof. I like the SF spares carriers. A lot of CPFers use the $.99 orange plastic match carrier at Walmart; it fits 2 CR123s nicely and it is fairly waterproof with a little silicone grease. There are also several other threads answering this same question if someone can dig them up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I have a pair of Surefire SC1 Spares Carriers (1 has 6 batts and a P60 LA and goes in my Fatboy along with the 6P, the other has 6 batts and a P90 LA and stays in my car along with my C3) and a SC3 Spares Carrier(4 batts and an MN03 LA) and they all work quite well. I also have used a Case Logic Media Wallet like this:

MediaWalletBatteryCarrier.png

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
between 2 and 6. well for 2 I use the match container leukos mentioned. and for the rest of my stock I keep them in a pelican 1010 case I got from battery station. I holds 15 with the foam insert. I have read in the forums some where that people where making carriers out of shrink tube. As long as the ends seal it will be water proof, and if it has clearance in your light you can just drop it in with the ends cut off to allow for contact. I have not tried this yet but i'm sure I will some time. an other idea is some 3/4 inch (i think thats the right size) pvc pipe. glue one cap to one end and just stick on the other end.

thats all I can come up with, hope that helps.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm selling this set of boxes. The two small round ones in the set can take up to 10 batteries (or 8 batteries and a LA), while you can fit up to 30 in the small rectangular ones (4 of those). They're waterproof too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's a pic:
boxsm2.jpg

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
For two, I like to use black APS film canisters (all of the white/translucent ones I've tried seem to be just a bit too small). For four, I use an Eclipse mint container with the batteries wrapped in a ziploc. One loop of narrow cloth tape on each keeps everything in place.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got two pelican 1010 cases, fitted with foam cut to carry 15 123's.
On road trip's, and one i got with pick and pluck foam to put my HDS basic 60 in, with 3 extra batt's.

You can get them at batt station, off the CPF members page. small light weight, I just throw them in my music gear cases and go. VDG

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened
SF spares carrier. Well designed, durable. Compact, considering contents. Water resistant.

TOB9595

Enlightened
I use the pvc pipe. Cut it to length and friction fit the ends. Makes a great carrier.

Hint: bring a batt with you to test the ID of the pipe....
Tom

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF spares carrier -- as stated, hold 6x123's plus a lamp assembly.

I also have serveral of the WallyWorld 89 cent match cases for 2x123's. They do rattle, BTW. A piece of foam rubber will cure that.

For single 123 carry, I have a metal nitroglycerine tablet keychain carrier from RiteAid (about $5).

And yeah, there are other threads on this.

Latest posts