How do you drive a car/truck with an automatic transmission?

ks_physicist

Newly Enlightened
xochi said:
I had a 2 litre dohc neon that I drove like a bat outa hell. I hit the speed limiter (112mph) on 400 N (raggie knows it) just about 2-3 times every week.

First generation neons have one of three speed limiter settings.

Virtually all SOHC and DOHC 1st gen neons produced were limited at 118 mph.

1995 Dodge and Plymouth Neon ACRs were equipped with an "unlimited speed" engine controller.

1996 Dodge and Plymouth Neon Sport Coupes, 1998-1999 Dodge Neon R/T, and 1996-1999 Dodge and Plymouth Neon ACRs were all equipped with 130 mph speed limited engine controllers.

Jim

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent a great deal of time looking over new and used cars. Ive kind of decided on mercedes. Who knew its common to get over 400k miles on the diesels? I see quite a few on ebay for 3500, thats something worth shopping around and kicking some tires. 200+k miles aint bad for a used one.

JackBlades

Enlightened
cobb said:
I spent a great deal of time looking over new and used cars. Ive kind of decided on mercedes. Who knew its common to get over 400k miles on the diesels? I see quite a few on ebay for 3500, thats something worth shopping around and kicking some tires. 200+k miles aint bad for a used one.

Uh-huh. Jump from the kettle into the fire. The initial maintenance costs to get a $3500 diesel Mercedes :huh2: (what are you thinking!!) into reliable shape is going to floor you. ANY maintenance on a Benz is going to cost bucks. Find a used Camry or even a Sentra. Do some homework and forget the Benzos and new 'Stangs. Sheesh.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOO, HOO, Dad offered me his old 81 240d mercedes with 400+k miles. THe passenger side has a few holes rusted through and the center drive shaft support is gone, which causes a hole worn through the center of the car where the second UV joint rubbed against the body. Interesting experience, all three petals felt the same to press and all 3 needed to be pressed to the floor to make it move.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I just dont know how to drive an automatic? I was driving it with an egg between the petal and floor, now Ive put the egg on the floor of the passenger side and press it half way til I reach the speed limit. WOOHOO!!!!! Man!11!!!!!

I find in some cases it will up shift twice while I seem to coast, then the power kicks in.

Maybe it aint slipping after all and its a few out of adjusted sensors telling it to shift differently than it should?