How do you remove the G2 tail switch?

S

Steve77

Newly Enlightened
Me and my friend want to try to put kroll switches into our G2's but, first thing's first, how do you get it apart? I pulled the spring off hoping I would figure it out after that but after pulling on it and spinning it I have been defeated. In other threads about G2 moddin this part of the mod usually isn't explained and is sorta assumed that you would know how. Which leads me to believe that it is embarassingly simple and I'm overlooking something:ohgeez: . Decided to break down and ask. Can anyone tell me how to get it apart?

T

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Steve77, All of mine cept one was an older model and they just fall out.
I do have or had a new Tan one that has the lock out tailcap but I can't find it right now sorry I cannot help.
Topper :)

M

michael word

Newly Enlightened
I e-mailed surefire about this not to long ago and they said that the switch is rivited together and can not be taken apart without breaking them.

Jamrock

Jamrock

Newly Enlightened
Steve77,

If your tailcap is black,wanna trade? I have a black one with the switch assembly already out:grin2:

S

Steve77

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys. I took it apart and I found out that the plastic retainer was really stuck in there. I took apart my p9 the same way and the retainer screwed out without a problem. But the G2, I eventually had to drill out the sides of it in hope that I could break it in two and then pull it out. It was really stuck. Then with the help of my brother I gave it one more really hard twist and with a loud crack, the retainer finally released it's death grip on the tailcap. The retainer is ruined but odly enough the threads on the tailcap are ok.

Now that I've ruined that piece, as well as the rubber boot, I really have to make this mod work. Does Surfire sell just the rubber switch boots?