How do you use PowerEx charger without continuously monitoring it.

lowks

Newly Enlightened
How do you use PowerEx charger without continuously monitoring it ? I know there are a lot of PowerEx users here so I just need some guidance. After reading HKJ review of PowerEx charger, the summary I gather is that you should leave your AA / AAA in the charger for at least 2 hours after it reports that it's full so the trickle charge will fill the battery up to it's full state. The thing that I cannot figure out here is how do we know at what point the battery reports it's full and do the whole trickle-charge-2-hours thing with a pen and paper setup all the time monitoring when it actually finishes ?

Please help.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice to have a timer built in to let us know, but this being said, I charge in the kitchen, so I use my stove's timer for the 2 hour 'top off' step.

I'm not too anal about going a little less, or a little longer, so it's really not a big deal for me.

Look at the display and see if they're all close 'voltage wise' and move on to other things.

Chris

Viking

Enlightened
That's the one thing I think is missing on this charger.
You don't actually know unless you take time after " done" is displayed on the screen.

Personally it isn't a big problem for me though. But I fully understand some people find this lack of information a little bit annoying.

HKJ

Flashaholic
How do you use PowerEx charger without continuously monitoring it ? I know there are a lot of PowerEx users here so I just need some guidance. After reading HKJ review of PowerEx charger, the summary I gather is that you should leave your AA / AAA in the charger for at least 2 hours after it reports that it's full so the trickle charge will fill the battery up to it's full state. The thing that I cannot figure out here is how do we know at what point the battery reports it's full and do the whole trickle-charge-2-hours thing with a pen and paper setup all the time monitoring when it actually finishes ?

Please help.

The charger has a two hour timer. It applies the top-off charge for two hours, then it changes to trickle charge that uses a much lower current.
I.e. if you leave the batteries in the charger for 2 hours extra or 5 hours extra it not very important.