how good are fisher space pens?

dgc

Newly Enlightened
Probably it's not the best offer for you U.S. based guys but I had a great experience with Cyber Space Pens on eBay.

Almost every pen is shipped for free in the US and they have the best international rates I've ever seen.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
does anyone have any coparison pics of the bullet next to somthing average like a benchmade or a surefire?

You should wash your mouth out with soap!

Imagine calling a Surefire average. :lolsign:

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Here's a comparison picture for you. I am not a great photographer so bear with me.

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
Despite all the hype around Fisher space pens, i do not like it.

The ink isn't smooth to write with. What i do find great is it's form. Looks good but writes average. Blotching on both pens, i had. Unfortunately, it really slips out of pants pockets easily... Lost my chrome one on the 1st day of carry.

If you have to get one, the Chrome one is beaautifull... I just kept polishing it when it was around.

Searching for the next potential edc pen...... :grin2:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
vaism said:
The ink isn't smooth to write with. What i do find great is it's form. Looks good but writes average. Blotching on both pens, i had.

I hear that quite often, I use mine almost everyday, but never had any blotching... Not with my bullet and not with my parker with fisher spacepen refill.

dg

Newly Enlightened
The ones I have had blobed like blob extras in the film "The Blob". And suprisingly they never could write on the back of photographs. Obviously no Polaroids in space then.

They were good for slipping out of my trouser pockets though and getting lost.

Despite this, the bullet shap is a nice one and I like to have one for occasional use.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Looking on the Fisher web site, it appears that the #M4B / Matte Black Military Pen is no longer listed. I found some on eBay, and as far as I know REI still sells them as well.

Does anyone know if they have been discontinued?