How is the quality/finish on the new Fenixes?

bobby68

Newly Enlightened
Got my L0D CE two weeks ago. Excellent fit & finish, centered LED.

Then I ordered a P1D CE, and of course I was excited to see if it would be just as good. But I read that people mostly don't have problems with them anymore, so I had to take the chance.

Got my P1D CE last friday, and it has perfect fit and finish. No loose threads, no problems at ALL.

And the knurling is the same, and good, on both. Better than the first Fenix, as far as I can see on pictures here.

The finish is indeed more shiny on the new Fenix, and I have my concern about HA III. I have read somewhere that HA III can not be shiny, but will have a flat finish.

Well, I don't know, but I know that I'm extremely happy with both my Fenix ! :)

Last edited:

stoven

Newly Enlightened
The Cree emitter in my P1D CE is visibly off center causing the spot to look a little off. MY L0D CE is perfect though.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
TigerhawkT3 said:
Well, I've tried them out for a few days, and both of my L2D-CEs flicker from time to time. Sometimes they don't turn on immediately, sometimes they jump between levels, and sometimes they just plain ol' flicker.

I'll look for that recent thread about cleaning/lubing the threads, and maybe I'll find a solution in there.

Pretty disappointing, though - I was expecting L2T/P1/E0/etc. quality, and I got P1D-CE quality. Oh well.

Keep us updated. Interesting to know how well the new Fenixes are in longer use.