How many lumens is your edc?

DrunkUncas

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Klarus NT 20 and use the brightest setting most of the time. I can't imagine carrying something with less than 200 lumens these days.

bccan

Newly Enlightened
My edc is a Streamlight Stylus Pro @ 48 lumens. Manage an auto repair shop & use it multiple times a day. Tried keeping an L1 & G2L on me but too bulky. Tried the 3 cell AAA Blue Point (Snap On) & it is a tad long, though very bright. This SL "penlight" has ample brightness & is compact enough that it is barely noticeable in my pocket, that ensures it is always on hand. Good battery life too.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
I carry a SureFire 6P with a Nailbender XM-L U2 drop in. It has two modes; low is about 80 Lumens and High is about 750 Lumens at turn on.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would have to look up the old Fenix L0PSE that is my EDC. But it is less than the L0D which is rated at 85, 28, 9 lumens. So, less than that is my norm. I seldom need more and when I do I have them around. But I am past the need for super bright light, it was fun when LEDs first started growing into their own, having to buy each new thing that came around. Fun and expensive. It was sort of like moving west just because it was new and cool. But once you reach the ocean you settle down, guess I reached my ocean. But the L0P satisfies me now :).

Last edited:

allyourblood

Newly Enlightened
Olight i3 at 70 lumens max, and 4Sevens QTLC at 205 max (though mine is set to 0.2 and 85 for each of the two modes).

Stilt

Newly Enlightened
200 to .33 with my HDS rotary. A great light that seems, IMO, impossible to replace with any other EDC.

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
A noname, but good quality, 250 lumens zoomable light.
Just ordered zebralight sc600 and this will be my new EDC:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC has a max output of 300 lumens, but I usually use the medium 48 lumen mode.

samalw

Newly Enlightened
200...Surefire E2D. Love it! One reason...I'm in Illinoika...the only state that doesn't allow CCW and has a murder rate ~twice that of Kabul, Afghanistan. :mad:

fcz

Newly Enlightened
i have a no-name zoomable 370LM (at least that's what dealextreme says:)), and it's more than enough for me.

natas18

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a SF T1A Titan. I love the UI and I think it is bright enough for everyday tasks, my only wish is that SF offered that light in a warmer more incan like tint and it would be nice to get a little more throw out of it as well :)

Doggonit

Newly Enlightened
Mine's an old SureFire G2 with the P60. So that puts out, what, 65 lumens, give or take? :crazy:

Bl@ckR0ck

Newly Enlightened
I've been playing around the last year with my two favorite EDC's. My Lummie Wee Ti is set to 50 lumens and is generally perfect if not almost too bright for what I need. I use my to basically close up the house and shop at night going from room to room without waking anyone. Then I've got my Quark X 123^2 which I've messed with at moonlight 0.3 lumens, 3 lumens and 65 lumens. I find the moonlight setting simply isn't enough and that other ambient light makes is near useless around the house. 3 lumens is good if it's really dark but I've found 65 to be really nice although it's a bit too bright for close up in the house. I do like to have the 360 lumens at my disposal though on the quark but I rarely kick that on unless I'm outside and want to look down to the end of the alley. I probably should have got my new light set to 40/250 but I got a new 100/250 Lummi Raw coming that I'm stoked on. 100 lumens is wicked bright if you ask me for around the house.

Perrinsf

Newly Enlightened
Definitely have two EDC favorites, and believe me, I have tried a lot of them. First choice is Fenix pd20. Incredible blend of power and compactness. 9-190 lumens with 4 levels of brightness plus strobe and SOS. Nice pocket clip so it goes everywhere with me. Best light for 90% of situations.

2nd pick is Thrunite Neutron 1c with XML led. .2 to 255 lumens. More floody due to XML, but still very bright. Like it because 5 levels of brightness, with a moonlight mode of .2 lumens. Love this one too, but no pocket clip, so I use the holster.

Cant go wrong with either one!