how many mpg do you get?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Digital license plates are legal in Cali now; they not only display Amber Alerts but they'll also show "STOLEN" if you report your car stolen..
ram7lfb.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Now that is a cool idea starhalo. I presume anti theft measures are built in.........I can foresee expense!

Yes plates get stolen in the UK , used on similar vehicles (stolen).

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
Love V8’s, very nice CG. In the UK, that colour reminds me of the sun burnt orange :D

17mpg is not actually that bad for a large luxury motor. Little expensive here in the UK to run at around $2 a litre though.

Thanks ven. At just under 4,000 pounds it's not a light car. 17mpg isn't bad considering the weight and that the 320hp V8 loves to be exercised. The Northstar's 0-60mph time of 5.9 seconds works well to get me out of the way of younger Subaru drivers.

And then some states have to go and ruin the aesthetics with front license plates :(

Looking good!

Yep! It kinda reminds me of a big ole bugger hanging out the nose. Other than that, it's really a nice [email protected]@king car. :crackup:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
do those digital plates include tracking devices?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
do those digital plates include tracking devices?

Does a bear do-do in the woods? Big brother knows everything. Soon to be replacing the Easy-Pass system in states that approve tax per mile and time of day transit like NYC just had authorized by the governor.

Government never saw a tax they didn’t like.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does a bear do-do in the woods? Big brother knows everything. Soon to be replacing the Easy-Pass system in states that approve tax per mile and time of day transit like NYC just had authorized by the governor.

Government never saw a tax they didn’t like.
so is there a tracker in a digital license plate? ezpass is very different, i have one for 20 years. and no, ezpass is not being replaced with HUT, nor it apples to private cars. i live in nyc, so thanks for the laugh

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

27.4 mpg

For every mile driven in the last six years in my 2017 Santa Fe Sport.
(bought in March 2016 when the '17 model just became available)

>>> Ethanol free gas & Mobil1 5~30 the entire time in it.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Back when I worked from the office some ~30 miles away >90% highway driving I could average ~27.5 MPG in my 2018 WRX. These days my efficiency is appreciably lower (low 20s) but I'm also putting ~20% of the mileage down.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I should have said total Combined or total averaged mpg, for that entire time ^^^^^^^^^^

3oni

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
About 14 city and 22 highway, and these days it's a really good thing I don't drive that much.

3_gun

Enlightened
94 Tracker 24.5 over the last 3 tanks. 84 Magna 39.1 over last 3 tanks.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I don't drive my Blazer these days because the gas mileage is just too terrible. The engine on my old truck blew up back in April, maybe that was a blessing. I only drive the Blazer once a week maybe just to keep the mechanical parts on it in good shape. Luckily I have a Sunfire that gets pretty decent mileage, so I drive that most of the time now. And I walk a bit more these days as well. I only buy premium, so I've been paying $5.30 lately. That hurts, even with my little car.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
9.8L/100km or 24MPG for the entire tank. If I go all the way to the bottom I get 650miles/1085km per tank.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only buy premium, so I've been paying $5.30 lately. That hurts, even with my little car.
You only put premium gas in a Sunfire?
Do you have the LG0 motor or some other motor requiring premium?

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
You only put premium gas in a Sunfire?
Do you have the LG0 motor or some other motor requiring premium?

No, I just don't ever put ethanol in any of my vehicles and it does seem like I do get better mileage with 91-92 (haven't seen 92 in years) premium when I keep track. I don't mind using 89 non-ethanol though when I find it. I just feel like I might be getting screwed with a mislabeled dispenser though even if I go for the non-ethanol 89 when I can find it, so I heir on the side of caution. Non-ethanol 87 is hard to find around here these days.

Latest posts