how many of you play with your lights still?

Wurkkos

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot, I'm 50, and play with flashlights constantly. I work at night, and have tons of "real" flashlight use, but go around lighting up anything and everything just for the heck of it. My biggest and most expensive ones aren't needed for anything but personal enjoyment. That's what hobbies are for!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im sure the folks on m street think im a nut lol. i always walk to the park to play so i dont bother anyone

chip100t

Newly Enlightened
I don’t play with my lights but I do fiddle.
I will sit spinning them between my fingers or click away while watching the tv. My dog is very unwell (chronic heart failure) so walks have been limited to 10 mins so no more late night walks in the park or woods.

I miss going for long walks with him but the thought of going for a walk alone seems a bit strange. Maybe after he has gone I will give them a try.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
I'm a perfectionist at heart so... always searching for that perfect white wall and, while I'm at it, have to make sure my lights are all working and in tip-top shape. It's a tough daily task but... must. be. done. 😬😆

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
There’s a concrete storm drain basin called a “Wash” near my home. It is a straight shot distance of 0.42 mile with a structure at its far end from where I could stand. When the building’s security area light is on, it is practically impossible to tell if my flashlight beam has reached it. However, before it turns on, during twilight, twice now I have confirmed that my LEP super throwers have lit the building, and quite well at that! Not bad for single cell easy-carry flashlight.

Here is a daytime shot so you know what I’m talking about and how far that 0.42 mile is.

View attachment 17637
Great fun playing this distance with super throwers!
That is just begging for a LEP and some beamshots!

nollij

Newly Enlightened
I look for reasons to "play" with my lights. If I have to go into the garage I won't turn the lights on I use my flashlight. Gotta look into the back of the pantry? I will use my flashlight instead of turning the kitchen lights up. Go into the closet to get a sweatshirt. Yep use the flashlight instead of turning the hall light on. Any excuse to use a flashlight and I am all over it.
I resemble this comment :crackup: I play with my lights every day (night).

CHNeal

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I am 56 and just started actually “ Playing” with flashlights. I have owned very nice lights and use them as tools daily in both my work and personal lives but never viewed my flashlight addiction as other then the search for the best tool for the given job.
Then a bought a Hound Dog…I can’t leave this damn thing alone, makes me giggle like a child every time i turn it on. I watch for the sun to go down and take my dogs out much more then needed just to light up EVERYTHING!

sgt253

Enlightened
While replacing batteries and testing light(s) located in strategic positions around my home recently, I received a text.
Neighbor: You home? There's someone walking around with a flashlight on your first floor.
Me: Yes. Thx. That's me replacing batteries and testing gear. Appreciate the looking out.

MX421

Enlightened
I also use my flashlight instead of turning on the lights. My holstered light is actually easier to reach than the light switch. I jut call that practical not playing....

pumps

Newly Enlightened
I confess I do the thing where I don't turn on the light going in to the garage when it's dark . And the basement. I like to test my lights regularly. I'll check batteries, spray some contact cleaner in them. I like to make sure my equipment is in fine fettle.
BTW what cleaner do you guys use? At a shop I used to work at part time we always used DeOxit. Since then I've always had a can of CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. .

Last edited:

3oni

Newly Enlightened
CPF Supporter
For sure! Playing with them, letting the throwers really stretch their legs and the flooders blow up a whole room, is at least a third of the fun. :)