How Much Is Gas In Your Area?

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: Gas is...

[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
[ QUOTE ]
Marty Weiner said:
... not time for my monthly top-up yet - I'll let you know then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I haven't been to the gas station in a month either, Tomas. But I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that my family has also driven about 1,400 miles this month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You KNOW I have no self control...

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: Gas is...

[ QUOTE ]
Marty Weiner said:

When do you have to give up the EV?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly the EV1 goes back to GM in November of this year. The Rav4EV I own, and it will NEVER go back!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just paid $1.28.9 a gallon for unleaded 86 octane here- That is the lowest that I've seen it for at least three years.

That is down about 28% from the local high of a month or so ago.

That ought to help the economy if it stays down for a while or even better, keeps going down.

Darell

Flashaholic
Yup, might just help the economy, but at the expense of what else?

I lowered the price on gasoline by about the same percentage *overnight* by flying from CA to Texas yesterday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell

I meant to tell you a couple of weeks ago but forgot. When I went to the Saturn dealer, they literally had a graveyard of EV1s in the back lot marked "DO NOT SELL", "PROPERTY OF GM", etc. They appeared to be brand new but filthy dirty like they had been sitting for a very long time.

It would have brought tears to your eyes.

Marty

Darell

Flashaholic
I've seen pictures, and it does indeed bring tears. There are only about 150 of them on the road today, out of the original 1000. Most are sittinging in LA as you've seen. All these cars look and drive like new still. The longest any of them have been driven is a bit over four years. Most of the leases have been up for over a year now - there's your dust pile.

And yet the news is about how much gas costs. :-(

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I drive an electric wheelchair and don't own a car, but I do watch or listen to the 10:00 news here in Seattle pretty much every night.
A couple of weeks ago, I did see that gas was around $2.10 a gallon here. I don't know how much it is today though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prices here are still hoverin above $2.00 per gallon. I've seen some places as high as $2.20 for 87 octane... Insane. And here I see the "national average" at something like $1.50... Sounds like dog poo to me...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Prices here are still hoverin above $2.00 per gallon. I've seen some places as high as $2.20 for 87 octane... Insane. And here I see the "national average" at something like $1.50......

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be that secret 50 cent a gallon state gasoline tax that your Governor "Red" Davis passed to cover his other budget shortfalls and cost overruns. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

It must suck to be a Californian these days.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Well, not if your car can do 40 miles/gallon... I'd like an EV, too, but one more car is one car too many...

Blikbok

Enlightened
$1.42 is the lowest around here (DC Metro). But it's more like $1.55 in the Suburbs and can be $1.75 towards the city.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
they price fix everything in California and call it zonal pricing. They put in an un-needed ingredient in the gas, make it mandatory to have it and that shuts out gas competition from other states. They did the same thing with milk, adding a bit more vitamin D or something into the milk and that makes it so other dairies can't bring in milk, it's all about price support for the local people who have already bribed their elected representatives. In California like much else of the country, it's a country, by big money and for big money, and the little guy never gets a nod. Why should we pay $.80 a gallon MORE than the folks in Atlanta and we have the refineries. I wish this thread had not been started because it irritates me beyond what is imaginable. While were at it, we should bomb the poop out of some more countries in the middle east while we are there so we can create some more business opportunities for the big business (re)builders of the USA. Sorrrrry for the rant.
ps
I'm paying $2.09 at the moment, see what I mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
Just dropped below 1.45 (1.44 9/10) for the first time in months. Just in time for most of Mass & Ohio to drive here for the summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Traffic will be up about 100%
How come they never come to Maine in January? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gas was free for my area last night.
I was at nice Jazz bar with an old friend last night. He took a sip of his drink that had just been brought over, put it down and made a terrible face. I Assumed his drink was bad and asked him if they messed it up. Then it hit me...the most rank smell I think I have ever smelled; and I work in a hospital. The old guy behind my friend let one rip! SBD: Silent but deadly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Okay, I figured I'd let it slide and the stench would pass. Not five minutes later another wave of nausea washes over me as I think I could almost SEE the stank issuing forth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

That's it! We packed our things up and left ASAP and headed down to another bar. The drinks may have sucked, but at least we didn't have to hold our breath.

Oh yeah, premium in Pittsburgh is $1.50, regular is $1.39

-Jason

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Re: How Much Is Petrol In Your Area?

In England the price is in pence per litre. Unleaded is now 72.2p per litre at supermarket petrol stations, but can be as high as 88p in some far flung rural areas!
I've also noticed that stations seem to be frequently running out of LRP which can be a problem for owners of vintage and classic cars!
I'm glad to say that the new motorbike and the old Superdream are happy on unleaded, and the Lifan is very frugal!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How Much Is Petrol In Your Area?

[ QUOTE ]
EMPOWERTORCH said:I've also noticed that stations seem to be frequently running out of LRP which can be a problem for owners of vintage and classic cars!

[/ QUOTE ]Leaded fuel cannot be sold in the States. If you must have it, you need to go to an auto parts shop and by a lead additive.
$1.26 in Alabama for regular.