How to install glow powder in Tri EDC?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Tri EDC that doesn't have the glow posts. Where do I get the powder and how is it installed into the optics?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Tri EDC that doesn't have the glow posts. Where do I get the powder and how is it installed into the optics?

The heatsink is machined with pockets under the posts to hold the powder. This extra maching is only done if the option was ordered when the light was made.

Mac

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the clarification, Mac.

Also I pm'ed you about my XM-L 18350, please check it for me, thanks!

RedRonin

Newly Enlightened
The heatsink is machined with pockets under the posts to hold the powder. This extra maching is only done if the option was ordered when the light was made.

Mac

I am a newbie here. I have been experimenting with GITD items for some time now and is starting to shift preference to tritium for a lot of reasons, i.e.: no need to "pre-charge"under a light source.

Mac, is it possible to directly mount or integrate tritium into the posts rather than GITD powder?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at the thread of Thatspec on the BST, he sells optics with drilled posts to install some trits.

As for the GITD, you can also use stickers. You can either cut out a round sticker to put onder the optic, or you can use some dots to lighten up the posts. Just put a piece of sticker over the hole and push the post in (one post at a time) and you'll have glowing spots under the posts.

I put a sticker (aqua color) on the board and some blue trits in the posts. That gives a nice blue glow before the light has been used and a bright glow after it has been switched on...

blistering

Newly Enlightened

Mac

i was sent PM, i hope mr mac read it :D i want a glow option and also cerakoted with dessert sands colour or black colour, and want to know can i get my tri edc with moonlight mode? thanks..