How's The Weather There ?

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I keep a couple of clean dry socks and thin plastic bags in my trunk at all times. If my feet and shoes get wet, I can at least put dry socks on, and the thin bags, slipped inside of my shoes will at least keep them dry. I also keep in the trunk a plastic coffee can as a pee or in desperation a poo container. In that can I keep a change of underwear, some TP, wipes, and sanitizer. During the winter months I add a long handled shovel, tow rope, and sleeping blanket.

Years ago, hundreds of people got stuck on the NY Thruway over night due to snow. If that ever happens to me, I want to be prepared.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
So dang cold and the moron i gave my warm coat away again to a homless person. My walk to walmart at 5 am sucked lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Surprisingly nice today, for Winter. Last week was Brick cold though. Didn't get out of the teens all week. Every day, kept having to wake up the large Winter coat that sleeps in the trunk of my car all year.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
It's been in the mid-40s for a while. I've been painting the inside of the garage all last week.
Celebratory 3rd coat beer.
IMG_1113.jpeg

I had a few beers after the 1st and 2nd coats too.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
Sunny and 55 degrees today.

IMG_1218.jpeg

First mow of 2022. HOC 2.5"

Edit: I Forgot to state that I mowed in short pants. Springtime will soon be upon us in the Great Northwest.

aznsx

Enlightened
I keep a couple of clean dry socks and thin plastic bags in my trunk at all times. If my feet and shoes get wet, I can at least put dry socks on, and the thin bags, slipped inside of my shoes will at least keep them dry. I also keep in the trunk a plastic coffee can as a pee or in desperation a poo container. In that can I keep a change of underwear, some TP, wipes, and sanitizer. During the winter months I add a long handled shovel, tow rope, and sleeping blanket.

Years ago, hundreds of people got stuck on the NY Thruway over night due to snow. If that ever happens to me, I want to be prepared.

My my, Prepper Poppy!:). (Don't worry, I won't let that slip to your grandkids - they might start calling you that!). Seriously though, I could go to school on you some, as you've clearly put more thought into the mobile part of the equation than I have. While it's also a factor that I've lived for decades with only two 2-seat 'sports / GT' cars and have to be somewhat more selective about what I carry given my limited stowage space, your ideas are still good food for thought for me. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited: