How's The Weather There ?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
@bykfixer, to be honest this is first time I've heard the talking weather heads use the word graa•pl

Water mixed with snow flakes while on the way down.. Heck we use to call this stuff a slushy mess

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
How do you pronounce that KG?

When I lived in middle North Carolina <snip>the sunsets, my oh my they could be spectacular. Purples, golden's, red's, orange's and colors I'd not seen before not seen since. I remarked to a local in a class in Winston Salem one time about how beautiful the sunsets are. His reply "that's one advantage of being in the top 20 most polluted cities in America, all of those airborn chemicals sure make for some beautiful sunsets.
Here in the NE, we also get some dramatic sunrises, and sunsets. The first time that I heard that pollution led to the dramatic sunsets was in a Star Trek novel. James Kirk commented on a particularly beautiful sunset over the California coast because of the pollution.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard socal beach sunsets are much better nowadays. Attributed to businesses that left CA due to high taxes, regulations, cost of living.. Many have moved to nearby Nevada to pollute that state.
LA smog, in areas, would make eyes watering, and smell and taste the pollutants.
Welcome to California!

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
After driving through the night, so my eyes were tired, when I entered Los Angeles, my eyes stung due to the pollution. That was back in 1976. I hope that they made progress since then.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The guy on the radio says "due to global warming it's going to be 84 today". It reached 79.

Next day

"Due to climate change it's going to snow tonight". It did not snow.

Naw bro, due to typical weather south of the Mason/Dixon line in late February it's warm one day and cold the next. It's called Spring. The red man had a saying before pale face arrived, "if you don't like the weather here stay a while because it'll be different tomorrow".

bykfixer

Flashaholic
B6A2A114-2635-4271-9853-B4B2C6FE2398.jpeg

Achoo!!!!
That's how thick the pollen is where I commuted from today

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting explanation why USA can get some disastrous weather, more than other countries:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Interesting explanation why USA can get some disastrous weather, more than other countries:

If Lake Erie was a bowling alley, Buffalo would be the pins

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Two & half weeks ago we had a snowstorm, plows out plowing ~ still had ice and snow everywhere.
Today it's supposed to be 82 sunny

..went from wind chill factor to heat index

update: currently 85F

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here in CA. 78° yesterday.. I'm still drying out from all the rainwater, but our State flower, bright orange poppies are sure enjoying the warmth

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit bizarre, temp. here is forecast to go up to +28C this week and in the 20+C range on other days...have never seen this before. It would normally be a bit above freezing during the day, possibly a bit below at night, this early in spring.

Last week we had an ice storm causing a lot of tree damage and power outages, reminds of the one in 1998.

Dave

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Been in the range of low 70º's (F) to low 80º's (F), in my area. Grass is growing strongly, along with all the flowering plants. Still likely to have a frosty morning or two, for the next few weeks, but it's looking pretty good so far.

Cycling and hiking weather. :clap: