How's The Weather There ?

whelmFlash

Newly Enlightened
😓

How's the weather where you are ?? Right at this moment ( 5:30 PM Saturday 19/12/2015......or 12/19/2015, which ever way you look at it ), we've got about 42 deg C ( I think that's about 106 - 107 deg F ) outside, and daylight from about 5 AM till around 9 PM. Ideal flashlight weather...... NOT !! Ha...and we just about cant be any further from the shortest day for us Southern Hemisphereians. ( Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69 crankin' through the TU8200 valve amp and Visaton Classic 200's ) Dreaming of crunchy white lawns and short days/long nights. Ahh well, only six months to go.
Cheers and beers fronm downunder,
Mike.
Right now, in Spain, it's nighttime, 23 degrees celcius, and I'm still working on my blog... :(
The weather is great in the northeast of Spain. The summers are (too) hot, but apart from January to March, it's very nice here. Almost always sunny. I like it. Officially, I'm from Germany, but I came here 21 years ago for three weeks and I'm still here. How? Long story!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Right now, in Spain, it's nighttime, 23 degrees celcius, and I'm still working on my blog... :(
The weather is great in the northeast of Spain. The summers are (too) hot, but apart from January to March, it's very nice here. Almost always sunny. I like it. Officially, I'm from Germany, but I came here 21 years ago for three weeks and I'm still here. How? Long story!
Honestly, we love true stories on CPF.
Only if you want to, feel free to share.

On-topic:
By Tuesday night it finally stopped raining here in NYC.
Started raining last Thursday night. Thankfully the vast majority of it was non-stop drizzling rain. So no major flooding. Still, I'm very glad it stopped. One area that got flooded was the small, dished out, parking lot at the pharmacy nearest my night shift job. Poor lighting and being at night meant my shoes got completely soaked.... as did my socks and feet, before the start of my shift. Yeah, not fun.

On the bright side, I did find a brand new pair of black Sketchers sneakers that look like shoes; hiding in a shoe-box underneath my bed. Bought them, put them away years ago; no clue why I did that. Oh well, new shoes for work. Took the old pair two days to dry off completely.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

On-topic:
Started raining last Thursday night. Thankfully the vast majority of it was non-stop drizzling rain. So no major flooding. Still, I'm very glad it stopped. One area that got flooded was the small, dished out, parking lot at the pharmacy nearest my night shift job. Poor lighting and being at night meant my shoes got completely soaked.... as did my socks and feet, before the start of my shift. Yeah, not fun.

On the bright side, I did find a brand new pair of black Sketchers sneakers that look like shoes; hiding in a shoe-box underneath my bed. Bought them, put them away years ago; no clue why I did that. Oh well, new shoes for work. Took the old pair two days to dry off completely.
Alright, MISTER! What is your excuse for "Poor lighting"? You should be carrying sunshine in your pocket! 😠 Do we have to put you on suspension? You better not let this happen again! :rant:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Alright, MISTER! What is your excuse for "Poor lighting"? You should be carrying sunshine in your pocket! 😠 Do we have to put you on suspension? You better not let this happen again! :rant:
My excuse is I had no frickin' clue the lot was flooded! :LOL:
Seriously, I'm thinking a few very tiny, very shallow puddles here or there. Didn't realize just how badly flooded the lot was, due to its dished out design. Got out, walked around to the back of my car; feet soaked! Jumped back but it was already too late. Main light on me: Thrunite TT20 with a freshly charged up 21700 cell. Didn't think to reach for it. Apparently I should have boated to work that night.

And yeah, never happening again. Next day off, I'm driving to Wal-Mart to get a pair of cheap, all-black, cheap sneakers to keep in the trunk of my car. Ironically, I already keep a day-bag filled with a complete change of under-clothes and socks in the trunk. Now it's going to be complete change of uniform to go with those Wal-Mart sneakers. This is never happening again.

whelmFlash

Newly Enlightened

On-topic:

Thank you.

My sister and her 2 girls went to New York last month.

whelmFlash

Newly Enlightened
I know, useless information, haha. But it remains one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I've never been to the US, but for some reason, I closely follow America, and I know that I will spend the last part of my life in the States. If you ask where, you'll laugh at the answer.

It pains me to see that New York is not doing so well at the moment. I'm talking about the crime and some other issues there.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My excuse is I had no frickin' clue the lot was flooded! :LOL:
Seriously, I'm thinking a few very tiny, very shallow puddles here or there. Didn't realize just how badly flooded the lot was, due to its dished out design. Got out, walked around to the back of my car; feet soaked! Jumped back but it was already too late. Main light on me: Thrunite TT20 with a freshly charged up 21700 cell. Didn't think to reach for it. Apparently I should have boated to work that night.

And yeah, never happening again. Next day off, I'm driving to Wal-Mart to get a pair of cheap, all-black, cheap sneakers to keep in the trunk of my car. Ironically, I already keep a day-bag filled with a complete change of under-clothes and socks in the trunk. Now it's going to be complete change of uniform to go with those Wal-Mart sneakers. This is never happening again.
Maybe a pair of TOTES are in order.

1695955634204.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I know, useless information, haha. But it remains one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I've never been to the US, but for some reason, I closely follow America, and I know that I will spend the last part of my life in the States. If you ask where, you'll laugh at the answer.

It pains me to see that New York is not doing so well at the moment. I'm talking about the crime and some other issues there.
It's funny.... Many Long-term residents such as myself are looking for viable ways to leave NYC. Only ones coming in are those young hopefuls trying to make it in Showbiz. Far too many issues here in NYC. Crime not even the biggest one. It has gotten far too expensive to live here. Almost everywhere else in America is significantly less expensive in every way imaginable. Food, rent, utilities, everything! It's gotten ridiculous now.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Maybe a pair of TOTES are in order.

View attachment 49861

Even better than the Wal-Mart sneakers. Thanks for the idea. 👍

whelmFlash

Newly Enlightened
It's funny.... Many Long-term residents such as myself are looking for viable ways to leave NYC. Only ones coming in are those young hopefuls trying to make it in Showbiz. Far too many issues here in NYC. Crime not even the biggest one. It has gotten far too expensive to live here. Almost everywhere else in America is significantly less expensive in every way imaginable. Food, rent, utilities, everything! It's gotten ridiculous now.
I hope it turns out well there. Not only in NY but in the whole of America. Your country is in turmoil. And so is the rest of the West.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Are your sump pumps good to go?
We're on a slab, with pretty porous ground. But I did need to clear the drain spout of Maple tree seeds; the gutter couldn't drain fast enough and the water was spilling over onto my patio. If the water got another inch deeper, some could have gotten in the sliding door.

So, no sump pumps, but I do have a wet dry vac if needed. :)
Thanks for thinking of me.

My daughter sent me photos of partially flooded roads, that in the 24 years, living in this town, I have never seen flood.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
3 words: It be wet. 😖

A full week of drizzling constant rain did significantly less damage than one day of heavy downpour. Mother Nature, Why?!