How's The Weather There ?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Yesterday we had a small but powerful severe storm roll though, the gust front had winds near 60mph.
after the gust front there was truly sideways rain, not kinda sideways, completely sideways,,
you see that with snow, not rain

Today's temps to be in the mid 70s', that's 20 degrees cooler than the last three or four days.
Hard to sleep when it's like 85 in my room :mad:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
And yes, those are LED tubes in the eight-foot fixtures. They're so much nicer than the original fluorescent tubes.
Chauncey, where'd you buy the 8' LED's?
I have old 8' fixtures. Florescents flicker in cold weather, drives me nuts. I've replaced ballasts in one fixture and appears the other two fixtures have now taken a dump.

Chauncey, where'd you buy the 8' LED's?
I have old 8' fixtures. Florescents flicker in cold weather, drives me nuts. I've replaced ballasts in one fixture and appears the other two fixtures have now taken a dump.
Gary, I purchased them at Home Depot. They had direct replacement LEDs that function with the original ballast, and ones that require the ballast be removed.

I chose the latter, thinking that would be one less thing to fail.

They're great! Instant on even when it's cold.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Threw big dog beds on front of truck sticking out from under the carport yesterday afternoon. Son told me about severe weather warning 5 minutes before hail struck.

Neighbor sent this image:
123_1.jpeg

Under the carport:
IMG_3855.jpeg

Bourbon Red turkeys had sense to get under tin roof section:
IMG_3821.png

Sadly, the raven family we have been aligned with over 2 decades may have lost 1 or 2 young ones soon to fledge. Only heard one youngster being fed this morning. They are uncharacteristically quiet.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
+

Yesterday we had a small but powerful severe storm roll though, the gust front had winds near 60mph.
after the gust front there was truly sideways rain, not kinda sideways, completely sideways,,
you see that with snow, not rain

Today's temps to be in the mid 70s', that's 20 degrees cooler than the last three or four days.
Hard to sleep when it's like 85 in my room :mad:
It's scenarios like that one why I have a large floor fan that can run off of a plug, or several D-cell batteries instead. And I have several packs of alkaline D batteries stored away at home. Ironically, even though with the exception of an old inca. 3D Maglite, nothing else in my home takes D cells.

Looking to standardize on another brand's battery platform other than Ryobi's 18v. battery platform. For now, that's the only one I have batteries and a charger for. Thankfully, don't know of a single power-tool brand that doesn't sell small, medium, and large battery-powered fans. Great for the job-site, and for emergency storm damage that knocks out the electricity. Ryobi also makes a battery-powered inverter box. Plug in literally anything with a standard cord into the box to get power. Though it's decent, at best. Far from ideal. But it works.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's fairly hot now. Supposed to be 10 degrees warmer tomorrow, 98. The heat, I can handle with a bit of air conditioning. What I can't handle is the ringing in my ears I now get that is compounded by the noise of fans and the air conditioner, making me have to deal with the heat and turn them off most of the time. That, and every ant and spider wants to keep me company to escape the heat. A black widow joined me in bed last midnight (the spider, not the woman). The ants took over my kitchen. They come out from under the refrigerator and crawl all over it. They're putting me on an involuntary diet by guarding my food. Can't run the box fan to cool the house because it spreads the scent of the ant bait traps and makes them go everywhere. Hopefully when it cools down, the survivors will go home. Supposed to be in the 90s for a week.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Threw big dog beds on front of truck sticking out from under the carport yesterday afternoon. Son told me about severe weather warning 5 minutes before hail struck.

Neighbor sent this image:
View attachment 63748

Under the carport:
View attachment 63749

Bourbon Red turkeys had sense to get under tin roof section:
View attachment 63750

Sadly, the raven family we have been aligned with over 2 decades may have lost 1 or 2 young ones soon to fledge. Only heard one youngster being fed this morning. They are uncharacteristically quiet.
Oh No! Must be man made climate change! Tax more, regulate more! We must change the climate.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
It's fairly hot now. Supposed to be 10 degrees warmer tomorrow, 98. The heat, I can handle with a bit of air conditioning. What I can't handle is the ringing in my ears I now get that is compounded by the noise of fans and the air conditioner, making me have to deal with the heat and turn them off most of the time. That, and every ant and spider wants to keep me company to escape the heat. A black widow joined me in bed last midnight (the spider, not the woman). The ants took over my kitchen. They come out from under the refrigerator and crawl all over it. They're putting me on an involuntary diet by guarding my food. Can't run the box fan to cool the house because it spreads the scent of the ant bait traps and makes them go everywhere. Hopefully when it cools down, the survivors will go home. Supposed to be in the 90s for a week.
Ants need both protein and sugar for their colony
This stuff works great for the exterior; https://diypestcontrol.com/taurus-sc-insecticide
This works great for sweet eating ants inside and out; https://diypestcontrol.com/advion-ant-bait-gel-advionhttps://
This also works well; diypestcontrol.com/optigard-ant-bait-gel-optiguard
They're both a non-repellant, so ants don't know to avoid it. They bring it back to the queen and it destroys the colony at its' source.

I've used both and they work amazingly well.