How's The Weather There ?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ants need both protein and sugar for their colony
This stuff works great for the exterior; https://diypestcontrol.com/taurus-sc-insecticide
This works great for sweet eating ants inside and out; https://diypestcontrol.com/advion-ant-bait-gel-advionhttps://
This also works well; diypestcontrol.com/optigard-ant-bait-gel-optiguard
They're both a non-repellant, so ants don't know to avoid it. They bring it back to the queen and it destroys the colony at its' source.

I've used both and they work amazingly well.
What also works great and that I can afford is a 6 pack of the liquid ant baits from Home Depot for $6 that kills them and they bring back to the queen and a bottle of spray ammonia Windex for $3 that kills them and cleans some surfaces getting rid of ant trails. Not spending a ton of money getting rid of a pest at the bottom of the food chain unless they're about to pick up the house from it's foundation and carry it away or they eat the supporting members holding the house together (termites). I'm unemployed waiting to hopefully get disability. Can't afford to feed ants fancy expensive poisons. Have to feed myself.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
What also works great and that I can afford is a 6 pack of the liquid ant baits from Home Depot for $6 that kills them and they bring back to the queen and a bottle of spray ammonia Windex for $3 that kills them and cleans some surfaces getting rid of ant trails. Not spending a ton of money getting rid of a pest at the bottom of the food chain unless they're about to pick up the house from it's foundation and carry it away or they eat the supporting members holding the house together (termites). I'm unemployed waiting to hopefully get disability. Can't afford to feed ants fancy expensive poisons. Have to feed myself.
Okay. Sorry, understood. Just trying to help.

Last edited:

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully your intestines are not as constipated as your m

Hopefully your intestines are not as constipated as your mindset.
Not nearly as hard as your cope, genius. Eat your Solar panels and windmills and get back to me. Sorry, not sorry your free energy utopia isn't working out like you thought it would.

So, how bad were those awesomely cheap solar panels damaged by that hail? Oh wait, let me guess..."Not at all" or "they were so cheap, it doesn't matter". Or maybe, "they've already paid for themselves". Or even better, "I have a double, special, secret, cheap supply of solar panels".

By all means, please enlighten us so that we, and the oh so fragile mother earth, may benefit from your superior knowledge. 😂

Last edited:

TPA

Enlightened
Absolutely disgusting... THICK humidity. As I was pre-flighting the aircraft, I quickly learned why the other pilot skipped out today... I thought it was because it's Friday. Nope. By the end of the pre-flight I was soaked from the humidity. Nasty.

Note to self: Finish the ice chest aircon, with an emphasis on dehumidifying the air.

KFXE 281853Z 17007KT 5SM VCTS +RA BR SCT035 27/25 A3002 RMK AO2
LTG DSNT N AND NW RAB35 SLP169 P0024 T02670250 =

bykfixer

Flashaholic
He who would pun would pick a pocket
- the doctor in Master & Commander.

Pardon, was having a senior moment. Deleted post #1210 because it was about watches. Doh!
So post #1210 is now by orbital.

A bit a a weather reprieve where I am for a day or two but back to hot by weeks end.

He who would pun would pick a pocket
- the doctor in Master & Commander.

Pardon, was having a senior moment. Deleted post #1210 because it was about watches. Doh!
So post #1210 is now by orbital.

A bit a a weather reprieve where I am for a day or two but back to hot by weeks end.
And by senior moment, bykfixer means senior moment. Brother does not imbibe in fermented or distilled beverages.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my thermoter said 110 degrees i thought maybe it was in the sun so i moved it and it said same thing lol.

TPA

Enlightened
We went for a walk on the beach last night at sunset. Humid, but a strong breeze kept it from feeling uncomfortable.

There's been some great thunderstorms around Florida lately, which I greatly enjoy. I used to have a rabbit which absolutely was engrossed with thunderstorms and he'd stand up with his paws against the window watching them. He seemed to be delighted by them, only running away when a funnel cloud or waterspout spun up.

I will admit that I'm a bit jealous of those enjoying the cooler weather. At the same time, I realize that the thunderstorms we have here can only happen because of the intense heat & humidity. The heat & humidity also chases the retirees away

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Driving up Coeur d'Alene for the 4th weekend with the family for a couple days at the Silverwood Theme Park & Boulder Beach. Gonna be close to 100°! Thank God the lazy river has a float up bar...
IMG_2798.jpeg

Last edited: